View Full Version : Difference Between Opaque, Transparent and Pearlized?

BigFish
06-30-2005, 03:11 PM
The createx paint.....is there a difference in how you use these or a particular way that you use these in conjunction with one another? Which ones do many of you use most often and also......how long does this stuff take to dry?????? :huh: Sprayed a plug quite awhile ago and would have figured it to be dry but it is still wet after 3 hours???? :eek5:

I will post plug pic of my first victim soon! :spin:

tobias
06-30-2005, 03:20 PM
Use a hair dryer if you want it to dry faster between coats. Let it dry overnight before you put on a scratch coat. It usually dries pretty fast, remember light coats.

BigFish
06-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Hi Tobias....thanks! So it does take awhile to dry? I did light coats......when you use multiple colors, do you wait at all between colors? I did a white base on the belly and then a green topcoat.....shaded the eyes and added few spots in the course of an hour? Any problem with that? I am use to rattle cans and laying all the paint down at the same time. :huh:

The Dad Fisherman
06-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Opaque = Solid, can't see through it
Translucent = See-through, put it on top of another color to change the hue
Pearlized = Well, its got pearl in w/ the color, kind of shiny.

I've used the Opaque and the Pearl and they seem to dry w/ in 10-20 minutes. If your using them outside remember its VERY humid out and that will significantly increase the drying time

BigFish
06-30-2005, 03:47 PM
Thanks TDF...pretty much what I thought after playing around awhile. :kewl:

Got Beer? :gu:

Slingah
06-30-2005, 04:43 PM
it's muggy out......paint dries sloooooow....when the dew point is this high

NIB
07-01-2005, 04:38 PM
U get some cool effects an color flops sprayin translucent over perlized.get some empty bottles to make ur own colors also lots o fun.Pearl white is one of my favorite colors.pretty much the color of all non black lure bellies get urself a big bottle next time.lets see um ur gonna by buck nutty wit it soon.

NIB
07-01-2005, 04:40 PM
get urself some cameleons blue an green.spray em over the white.lots o coats makes a cool plug.They say it don't work but it gives it a nice irredecents.

BigFish
07-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks NIB...buck nutty sounds good to me! :laugha:

Backbeach Jake
07-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Pearl-ex makes dry powdered pearls in lotsa colors. Add a tiny bit to translucent paints for colors you can't buy but exist on fish.
A drop of red to white pearl paint plus some bronze makes a real pissa squid color. Play oround with it , it's a lotta fun.