View Full Version : Anyone Know How Much Of The Race Is Closed For Chicken Farming?

BigFish
07-03-2005, 04:53 AM
I am hearing most of the trails north and south are closed? Any report would be appreciated as I am heading down there this week. :tm:

afterhours
07-03-2005, 05:11 AM
ranger told me it would be 2-3 weeks :mad:

BigFish
07-03-2005, 05:35 AM
How much though? All of it? :exp:

afterhours
07-03-2005, 05:45 AM
said all but 100yds left and right at each entrance, i'll call to verify later today. they have'nt updated info line as of now.

BigFish
07-03-2005, 05:56 AM
:behead: :gorez: :nailem:

Rappin Mikey
07-03-2005, 07:23 AM
There is a small bit of Hatches open and the stretch from High Head to Head of the Meadow. Everything else will be closed for 19 more days. :nailem:

J-golden
07-04-2005, 12:35 PM
bring scuba gear if you try and drive the beach at high tide south of the race. the cut-over has water up to the dunes at high. you could do a lot worse than hatches right now ;)

MAC
07-04-2005, 03:48 PM
What Mikey said. Sunday it was open from the cut out around to Hatches. But there were probably an easy 100 vehicles trying to use it. No parking spots at all.

Raider Ronnie
07-04-2005, 06:43 PM
I was down there today!!!
100% open from my boat!!! :hidin:

Sweetwater
07-05-2005, 10:49 AM
I was down there on Sunday from a boat and ran most the way from Herring Cove to High Head. The beach looked entirely closed with only the Race Lighthouse to Hatches Harbor open.

Also, ALL the campers were run off, on both sides of the ranger station. I heard there were quite a few upset people who drove their RVs all the way out there only to be told they have to leave the beach....4th of July week!

I'd been told (unofficially) 4-6 week closure.

Vectorfisher
07-05-2005, 01:55 PM
I was down there today!!!
100% open from my boat!!! :hidin:

:faga: Me too!! Didnt see any sandtrekkers hooking up either :biglaugh: Speaking of Scuba Ronnie what did you think of the guys pulling up and diving right in the middle of the trolling lanes?? I was hoping to pull one in, I have been diving for 4 years now and would never pull a stunt like that they deserve to be hooked ;) We did manage to hook 2 lobsters both around 4 lbs

Sweetwater
07-05-2005, 03:53 PM
:faga: Me too!! Didnt see any sandtrekkers hooking up either :biglaugh: Speaking of Scuba Ronnie what did you think of the guys pulling up and diving right in the middle of the trolling lanes?? I was hoping to pull one in, I have been diving for 4 years now and would never pull a stunt like that they deserve to be hooked ;) We did manage to hook 2 lobsters both around 4 lbs

On Sunday, I fished for while along the rips at the race then moved out of that zoo for less crowed (though less productive) areas. And yeah! I saw the guy diving out of the big green hulled boat..looked like a 33-35 footer, with all the yahoos (myself included) jigging and trolling all around. I'm shocked that he didn't get a 6 ounce jig in the back of his head.

I jigged up a 1.5 bug and released it.

Vectorfisher
07-05-2005, 04:24 PM
On Sunday, I fished for while along the rips at the race then moved out of that zoo for less crowed (though less productive) areas. And yeah! I saw the guy diving out of the big green hulled boat..looked like a 33-35 footer, with all the yahoos (myself included) jigging and trolling all around. I'm shocked that he didn't get a 6 ounce jig in the back of his head.

I jigged up a 1.5 bug and released it.

What kind of rig were you in Sweet?

Raider Ronnie
07-05-2005, 06:43 PM

That moron came up 5ft next to my boat in the pea soup fog last July
(I think Van was with me that day)
I yelled at him, "you don't value your f^*#ink life too much, do you!!! "
He just laughed and told me he has been diving like that for years !!!!

I had another guy who I guess just had a diver go down as i was trolling past him, the frigin guy decides to raise his dive flag just as I was going by and starts to yell at me that there is a diver down there!!!
Like I cared!!! ;)
Frigin homos down there aren't too smart!!! :laugha:

Sweetwater
07-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Anyone who dives off Race Point in that mess of boats and wire lines has a death wish. I hope the bugz are worth it.