View Full Version : Anyone see the QE2 last night?

eelman
07-04-2005, 07:30 AM
What an unreal ship! absolutly huge! looked like something out of close encounters of the third kind. It left Newport around 10pm.It was also a gorgeous night on the water....... :kewl:

Pt.JudeJoe
07-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Yeah I saw that floating city come right by me as I was fishing on Ocean Drive. She rolled into town at dusk just for the fireworks. You can really appreciate the size better if you are in a boat and close to her. It is a very big boat.

snake slinger
07-04-2005, 09:46 AM
i was fishing gansett last nite i look up and see what looks like a mansion at x-mas with all its lights over at jamestown and iam thinkig what the hell is that i look up a few minutes later and that floating city gos past beaver tail. very impresive

Crafty Angler
07-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Saw it from my back deck last night (our house is a block from the water and we have a 3rd floor deck overlooking the harbor) - great backdrop for the fireworks!

Man, it made Goat Island look small by comparison -

Oh yeah, Joe - it's a ship not a boat - eee cooodeeesh.....:hihi:

ThrowingTimber
07-05-2005, 01:28 AM
crafty was that you I saw parked out front around 3amish? :faga:

Rob Rockcrawler
07-05-2005, 01:59 AM
How many stacks does she have? I saw a ship heading onto newport sunday but it didnt look that magnificent. Probably a different vessel.

RIROCKHOUND
07-05-2005, 07:35 AM
The Queen Marry came in about 7p Rob, before that I saw some car ship traffic, but thats it...
She is quite a vessel, but unless your on the cruise I dont see too much to get that worked up about.. BTW great fireworks display... nice to see Newport get back to 'normal' after last years traffic fiasco...