View Full Version : GAS!!!!!

BigFish
07-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Pulled into a gas station to fill up about noon time....price was $2.29 a gallon.......there was some guy blocking the entrance and causing a problem so I left intending to go back later. Well I was on fumes and stopped at another station and filled up at $2.32 a gallon. Went driving by the station I stopped at earlier and in the 2 hours that had passed since I was in there before....the price had gone up to $2.35 a gallon!!!! :mad:

missing link
07-08-2005, 03:29 PM
i'v seen it go up 10 cents today in 3 hours????? :hang:

MAC
07-08-2005, 03:41 PM
I had that happen today too. Was going to fill up this morning but decided to wait until this afternoon. Went from 2.29 to 2.35. What a crock. Isn't the fuel in the tanks already at a set price for the dealer? :realmad:

BigFish
07-08-2005, 03:43 PM
If you don't think the Govt. is pulling the strings....think again! What about keeping an eye on price gouging? :mad:

likwid
07-08-2005, 03:45 PM
left for an onsite yesterday morning and drove by all the gas stations changing their prices.

wasn't it a few days ago when someone announced gas was gonna go up 20 cents? hmm... funny thing that.

BigFish
07-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Yeah....smells fishy to me....and the fishing is slow sooooooo! :uhoh:

likwid
07-08-2005, 04:02 PM
I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but always before bad crap happens someone on the news SOMEHOW always reports that the price of oil magically went up, then splat, something happens.

Homerun04
07-08-2005, 04:28 PM
It's a crime......hybrid for my next vehicle -- no doubt about it.

MAC
07-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Only good thing I can say is that I am glad I just landed a job less than 2 miles from my house. A good part of the town was against the N Star sub-station. I for one am glad it went through. :btu: Good for a year too.

macojoe
07-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Whats funny is that when oil goes up today we see it today, when oil goes down they say it will take up to 30 days to see it cause they have to sell off what they bought at the high price??

Mobile gas has to be the worse!! I passed Stop & Shop Wareham today $2.24 Mobile a cross the st $2.39 Then another Mobile at $2.41!!

Now try it in a boat getting 3 mpg :yak:

Tagger
07-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Yea... and what really sticks in your craw we're probably funding terrorism with these prices...who cares as long as we don't have to look at those unsightly windfarms .

Mike P
07-08-2005, 11:54 PM
I had that happen today too. Was going to fill up this morning but decided to wait until this afternoon. Went from 2.29 to 2.35. What a crock. Isn't the fuel in the tanks already at a set price for the dealer? :realmad:

Yup, and it was refined from crude purchased months ago when the price was under $50 a barrel :mad: :realmad:

Backbeach Jake
07-09-2005, 07:45 AM
You're gonna see a lot of drive-offs. The thing that reallly kills me is the Oil Companys are enjoying record profits.

beachwalker
07-09-2005, 08:27 AM
try paying 3.25 and driving an 8 cylinder

multiply that times 3 -400 miles a week and what do you have ?

$80 dollar fill-ups

macojoe
07-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Yea... and what really sticks in your craw we're probably funding terrorism with these prices...who cares as long as we don't have to look at those unsightly windfarms

they may be a little unsightly, but you will see them and more and more!!
I am not saying that they are the best or only power alternative, but we need to do something and do it soon!!

Bigcat
07-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Were is all the Iraqi oil?

bassmaster
07-09-2005, 09:13 AM
i dunno lets just take it and have free gas :tooth:
i say bull sh!t to gas prices

beachwalker
07-09-2005, 10:02 AM
i dunno lets just take it and have free gas :tooth:
i say bull sh!t to gas prices

that would be sweet....

can I have some bluefeesh plugs too ?

RIROCKHOUND
07-09-2005, 10:35 AM
BW;
HOW do you do 3-400 miles a week on that lil' sandpile?
I do 350ish a week and I dont live on an island...

BTW I am mildly envious of your sandpile; you have onshore conditions somewhere ....when it blows NW

Oh and Gas sucks, my exploder does 16 in town; weighing the benifits costwise of a small P/U with a 4 or 6cldr....

beachwalker
07-09-2005, 11:29 AM
BW;
HOW do you do 3-400 miles a week on that lil' sandpile?
I do 350ish a week and I dont live on an island...

BTW I am mildly envious of your sandpile; you have onshore conditions somewhere ....when it blows NW

Oh and Gas sucks, my exploder does 16 in town; weighing the benifits costwise of a small P/U with a 4 or 6cldr....

Well if I live mid -island and have three jobs going at the same time I can do 50-75 miles in one day unless I chain myself to one job. Then it is 22 miles from where I live to GP/Coatue (where there aren't any fish by the way. I go sunbathing) so multi on that 3 -4 nights a week and you see ?

Yes we have onshore conditions somewhere everyday.....

:rotf3: :rotf3: :rotf3:

RIROCKHOUND
07-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Ok, fine if you dont live on the coast I wont call ya a Yuppie any more :D

Raven
07-09-2005, 11:46 AM
according to the history chanel show i watched (yesterday) about global warming...

and it talked about how the worlds use of fosil fuels is the cause of it...
with the build up of c02 in the atmosphere....blah blah blah

and how eventually the gulf stream will stop altogether because the difference in ocean temperatures will no longer be present....
throwing europe into a permanent ice age...

((that'll mean the striped bass may not head south in fall any longer... :) ))

but as early as 2019 we might run out of oil all together.... and up until then the price of oil/fuel will be astronomical....compared to today's prices...
wind mill farms will be everywhere because its renewable...energy
i was stunned to tell you the truth and still am...

because "today" our food is GROWN with fertilizer made from oil as is all plastic materials and is the basis for our whole economic system.

so this little price hike is NOTHING.

RIROCKHOUND
07-09-2005, 12:01 PM
The conveyor belt theory (the gulf stream thing) happening any time soon is probably BS; you need a dramatic (HUGE) input of freshwater to even impact the gulf stream. There have been events in the past (geologic time, since the last ice age) where this has happened; the most well know was the Younger Dryas, about 11,000 yrs BP, (catastrophic draining of a glacial lake). recent arguments by well known scientists (Richard Alley at Penn State) are that slow steady increases/changes (like global warming) may have similar effects around 8.2ka.... that means that MAYBE you can cause enough slow change to get the same result as a sudden impact, in that case it would all be about reaching some 'critical threshold' of climate change.....

As far as running out of oil; they said we had 30yrs left 20-30yrs ago; with technology changing we are getting oil from places we didnt think possible; costs will go up, but I think some things in the forseeable future will still require oil. I'm not an Oil geologist by any stretch. While eventually we will run out of it, I think that the 2019 date is assuming constant technology. remember that probably the most invested research is on oil location, extraction and refining.

That being said, we NEED alternative fuel cars, hydrogen etc...
Hell, a few decards ago, some people thought we'd be driving cars with small nuclear reactors that never need fuel... imagine that....

Bryan
"Ranting, Rambling and Raving Geologist"

beachwalker
07-09-2005, 12:04 PM
don't the windmill farms need oil to control something ?

I heard something about this when all the naysayers were talking about the Horshoe Shoal project...

anyone know anything about that ?

I don't think Global warming/Striper migration will mean much to some of us when Las Palmas slides into the ocean and whacks the U.S.

I hope it's after I'm gone :uhoh:

RIROCKHOUND
07-09-2005, 12:08 PM
BW;
Dont tell me you're worried about some little landslide 3,000 miles away...??
Actually La Palma is a cool story, but Simon Day and the Discovery channel have made an immediate threat out of a 'mole'hill....

beachwalker
07-09-2005, 12:19 PM
hey, our highest point is about 100 ft above sea level. we'd be toast....

if I'm still around, I'm still around. If I'm not. I'm not.....

:rotf2: :rotf2: :rotf2:

Raven
07-09-2005, 01:46 PM
The conveyor belt theory (the gulf stream thing) you need a dramatic (HUGE) input of freshwater to even impact the gulf stream.

That being said, we NEED alternative fuel cars, hydrogen etc...
Hell, a few decards ago, some people thought we'd be driving cars with small nuclear reactors that never need fuel... imagine that....
Bryan
"Ranting, Rambling and Raving Geologist"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
i agree 100% ....but i would call the melting of the freshwater ice @ the North and South poles a HUGE input of fresh water.

we already have an alternate fuel... that can be made from hemp seed into deisel fuel and or out of other vegetables... used in a hybrid vehicle it would be a renewable resource...

they only touched on some strange process of extacting some plentiful mineral substance out of sea water called (now guessing here! as they said it so friggan fast) dutronium? that would be better and even more cost effective than even hydrogen fuel...
or........
if the skin of our cars...the shell/body was super light but extremely strong...say made out of sheets of carbon nano tubes that could also be solar powered(photovolteic)[sp] and have the additional hybrid electric motors too...then we'd have something .
wishfully thinking....
i'm hoping we can all get off the road and take to the air....in our lifetime.

bassmaster
07-09-2005, 02:09 PM
dude got any pot?

Raven
07-09-2005, 04:21 PM
but i have a big tank of helium.........

do ya wanna talk funny some more.... :wave:

.............^ -- ^
............(o )..(o)
.................o
..............(___)
.................V Easy Rider
------------------------------------------------------------------You- you mean marijuana. Lord have mercy, is that what that is? Well, let me see that. Mmmmm-mmm. Mmmm....I-I-I couldn't do that. I mean, I've got enough problems with the - with the booze and all. I mean, uh, I - I can't afford to get hooked...it-it-it leads to harder stuff. Thinking it has "a real nice, uh, taste to it," George gets high. In a hilarious conversation, his marijuana smoking prompts him to espouse his belief in aliens and UFOs:

That was a UFO, beamin' back at ya. Me and Eric Heisman was down in Mexico two weeks ago - we seen forty of 'em flying in formation. They-they-they've got bases all over the world now, you know. They've been coming here ever since nineteen forty-six - when the scientists first started bouncin' radar beams off of the moon. And they have been livin' and workin' among us in vast quantities ever since. The government knows all about 'em.

RIROCKHOUND
07-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Deuterium, its an isotope of Hydrogen;

Raven, melting all the ice would be significant, but generally thats a slow steady process, the gulf stream thing implies a sudden release of fresh water... not sure what effect the slow steady melting would have; some suggest the same effect..
Who knows...

spence
07-11-2005, 02:46 PM
It's our fresh water, that's why they are coming :sick:

-spence

The Dad Fisherman
07-14-2005, 08:11 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
they only touched on some strange process of extacting some plentiful mineral substance out of sea water called (now guessing here! as they said it so friggan fast) dutronium?

Isn't that the same fuel they drilled for in "Lost in Space" that powered the Jupiter II? :D

Mike P
07-14-2005, 08:21 AM
The price of crude fell yesterday---let's see if it's reflected at the pump by the end of the day (yeah, right :rollem: :hs: :doh: )