View Full Version : Great Time At The Leg!

BigFish
07-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Got a few pics from the leg yesterday......2 from the BBQ at M & D's and one from the beach! I had a great time at the BBQ and it was great seeing you all who were there...the pleasure was all mine! Thanks Mike and Barb and Felicia for hosting....you guys are great! :btu: After the chow, I headed out fishing with Slingah, Afterhours and his son Mike, Backbeach Jake and MAC....we headed down the backside and fished the Race at sunset....had some small bass and blues there until a thunderstorm charged with a terrific lightening storm came across the water at us and after the 20 minute storm...all fishies gone! Spent the rest of the night right through sunrise fishing the backside.....none of us or anyone we saw from the leg had a touch all night! That is about 15 guys who covered a large amount of the beaches down there last night! Pickins is slim! :( Had fun fishing with you guys...thanks again for the plugs Fred! :btu:

Pic one:MAC, Backbeach Jake and FishFearMe!

Pic two:Mike spooling me up with fresh mono!

BigFish
07-10-2005, 06:08 PM
A new friend on the beach.....we sent him to take all of his relatives away from here forever! :rotf2:

afterhours
07-10-2005, 06:19 PM
mike and i had such a great time yesterday! thanks to our hosts- mike, barb, felicia, and johnr! and a big thanks to all who brought an cooked(the links) the grub. fishing was'nt too good but we had a super nite with some special people. hey mac- hope you got the lighting pics! here's a pic of noted wildlife photographer l. wenthworth. almost forgot(lack of sleep) to mention that it was great to see and talk to a lot of sb'ers that i don't see often enough.

BigFish
07-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Nice pic Don...but I worry about you! You have a real bent for taking pictures of me taking pictures? :rotf2:

Squid kids Dad
07-10-2005, 06:27 PM
LOL..Larry :rotf3:

afterhours
07-10-2005, 06:30 PM
no more i promise :rotf3:

ThrowingTimber
07-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Show the one where he punts that thing!!! :bounce:

stripercrazy
07-10-2005, 06:58 PM
it was great seeing and meeting everyone, man that pork was great, all the food was. I needed a nap after the cook out. life is good :bounce:

JohnR
07-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Thanks for everyone that showed up & fished - great time as usual, fishing was sparse as usual :doh:

Major thanks to Mike, Barb, & Felicia :btu: , as usual, you guys outdid yourself again between putting up with us and the madhouse it creates inside the shop.

Also thanks to the Links and the 'Gasses for manning the "operations" that allow everyone to BS and poke thru each other's plug bags...

Well, we went to spot 1 and was blown out with weeds. 30+ winds running right up the ___________ and in our faces, brought the weeds in too. So we headed back to the trucks for plan B. As I was loading up while the sun was going down I realized that I must have left my brandy spankin' new Native sunglasses down on the rocks, so I head back down and make two unsuccessful trips around the entire area - NADA :af: ... I have had these all of 2 days! So as I take all my gear off I realize they were still around my neck hangin' on the croakies :whackin: ...

So off to that big gash that seperates the "normal people" from the rest of the world. Contributed 1/3rd of my spool and 3 or so of Bill's jigs to the Ditch trolls (I was not geared right for the Ditch)... And so goes another year...

Again - big thanks to the Thomas Family and M&D's ...

And remember, I believe this is the last week for the raffle for Emma...

bassmaster
07-10-2005, 08:51 PM
john I wished u called me as that was tough where U was But I know some thing that may of helped it sucks but worth the try
nice to meet al U bums
Man I got Ho'd

Goose
07-10-2005, 09:34 PM
S-B:btu:

Always worth it, Nice ta see you mugs again. Got my ars beat in the suds for two kee-pahs...man was it worth it.:rolleyes:

Notaro
07-10-2005, 09:38 PM
right-o! it was nice meeting larry, slingah, afterhour and his son, mike, canalman, and other guys. i wish that the weather would have cooporated with us.

dave, im sorry that if we didnt communicate well last night. i really feel bad about it. what were u telling me on the beach?

bassmaster
07-10-2005, 09:43 PM
right-o! it was nice meeting larry, slingah, afterhour and his son, mike, canalman, and other guys. i wish that the weather would have cooporated with us.

dave, im sorry that if we didnt communicate well last night. i really feel bad about it. what were u telling me on the beach?
dont wrry notaro, I am hell bent on putting u on bass , I want to teach You the art of the needle that is all

Notaro
07-10-2005, 11:35 PM
oh, now i get it. well, we can do that next time.

redneck24
07-11-2005, 05:18 AM
:( work sucks! sorry i didnt make it don. :(

Fishpart
07-11-2005, 05:31 AM
Mike, Barb and Felicia, thank you for letting us hang out once again!!!!!!!

Saltheart
07-11-2005, 07:33 AM
Sounds like everyone had fun. By 2 PM Sat I was only about 1/4 of the way through my 'to do" list and decided i better just keep going on the handy man scene.

How'd you make out with Ben , Fishpart?

staltershoal
07-11-2005, 11:10 AM
i spent the seekend in the hospital from being bit at gooseberry while fishing. so sorry i didnt make it.. i am bent about it ...definetly next time!!!!

fishaholic18
07-11-2005, 11:15 AM
I had a great time.
Nice talking to you guys.
Thanks Mike & Barb for hosting it.
Thanks Links for doing the cooking..Food was great. :bounce:

I can't wait till the next one.

Clammer
07-11-2005, 01:06 PM
worked loke a charm ==only because what you didn,t see was ========================== Dave gave him his phone number & a pink rose :spidey:

redlite
07-11-2005, 02:06 PM
The fish must read this board and know that we are havin a leg, cause they all seem to hide during these. Pounded a lot of sand for NADA.

Was a BEAUTIFUL night at least.

Was nice to actually partake in the spirit of the leg for once though. To team up with someone that isn't familiar with the area that you haven't fished with before, and try to learn from each other.

T. Orlando and I dragged In The Surf and his lady up and down the Cape with us. We showed him the beaches to go to, what to look for, and how to fish, all the part except for the catching aspect. We even showed him that MUNG really does exist. Water was gettin dirtier the further south we went.

And we are all very efficient at push/ pop startin a car now.

Knew it was gonna be bleak when the army from the north ran into us working from the south, and no one had nada.

Was a great time

partsjay
07-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Sorry I missed it....had all intentions of going, but I'm learning that having 5 month old twins makes anything hard to plan....next time for sure...so I ate about 8 pounds of teriyakee chick wings yesterday.

Edge Sportfish
07-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Nice pic Don...but I worry about you! You have a real bent for taking pictures of me taking pictures? :rotf2:

Larry,

I thought that was a baby Seal until I realized that was you and figured the thing was probably about 450 pounds.

BigFish
07-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Funny guy George...thats a good one! :laugha:

PNG
07-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Nice turn out! Good to see you guys, didnt fiish that night just Sunday...

on a boat...

in dirty water...

they were there :uhuh:

mikecc
07-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Thanks to everyone who made it a great day. Glad to see all again.
I believe this is the last week for the raffle for Emma...
You are correct John.
This group Raffles will end on 7 / 16 / 05 will have another of Lures that guys from the board were nice to donate for a raffle.I will list the lures who donated a little later.

In The Surf
07-12-2005, 01:12 AM
Yes definately a good time and worth the trip even with the late arrival and all the headaches the auto provided (pain in the *** but fixed now). Big thanks to Tony and Redlite for the tour of the cape and the push starts, you guys salvaged my night. Also thanks to our hosts John, Mike and Felicia and to Link for firing the grill back up for the burgers.