View Full Version : Autoparts stores.

likwid
07-13-2005, 01:56 PM
You ordered the WRONG exhaust retards.
I told you the part number, yet you insisted it was different.

There's a reason you make minimum wage.

partsjay
07-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Not all Parts guys are retards.....and they all don't make minimum wage either..

But some are idiots....

likwid
07-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Some are yes, not all.

The guy I usually get wasn't there when I had to order stuff the other day, and when the kid who WAS there opened his mouth I knew nothing good could come from it.

partsjay
07-13-2005, 02:53 PM
See it all the time....some people just think they know it all....those are usually the ones that suck.

likwid
07-13-2005, 02:54 PM
I think his car was the lowered toyota corolla with walmart spinners and 300lbs of bondo :laughs:

partsjay
07-13-2005, 02:57 PM
:hihi:

Raven
07-13-2005, 03:39 PM
out in the middle of no where.....

it was forty seven [ 47 miles] outside of fort worth .

i set the attack dog on KILL to protect my wife and began walking....

after like 8 miles i see in the distance a rest area with buildings

and i thought " excellent" i can call road service. i get there and there wasnt even a phone :wall:
(pre cell phone days) so i begin walking again.... only 39 miles to go.

I luck out and get a ride from a truck driver and it being Sunday he told me
i'd have to wait til church got out before the parts store opened....

we get in there and the KID from hell sells me the wrong water pump
and he "knew" it was the right one.... he was sooo "positive". no way he could be wrong.
The trucker was kind enough to give me a ride back to my vehicle.... 47 miles...... i was so elated at making it back....
that i forgot the dingo dog was set to kill ,
i approached the car and nearly died of a heart attack as nashing teeth slammed into the glass etching teeth marks on my side window.
one heck of dog she was.....
Now i was right back where i started from ........with the wrong part. :lossinit:

well, that trucker was an ANGEL from heaven i tell ya...because he took me all the way back to that store and we got the right water pump "this time" and he drove me back again. after i installed it ....the cross country trip began once more.
the trucker was paid handsomely and then some for his efforts.

partsjay
07-13-2005, 03:45 PM
You got patience....I probably would have thrown that water pump through the parts store window.

or sent the dog in the store..under attack mode of course.

Raven
07-13-2005, 03:52 PM
true partsjay.... except you don't mess with Texas...you just drive through

as quickly as you can without getting arrested. :hihi:

partsjay
07-13-2005, 03:54 PM
good point. :laughs:

redneck24
07-14-2005, 05:24 AM
MOST parts guys suck. it is pretty rare to get a good one. im a flat rate mechanic, and parts guys are the leading cause of a short paycheck. the main problem is shops dont want to pay the guys that know what they are doing, like jay, so you get the autozone monkeys that build thier fast and the hilarious cars and think they know everything :behead: i hate the car business!

likwid
07-14-2005, 06:03 AM
bro in law is a master mechanic (been bouncing between shops up north... he just went to porsche school earlier this year)... he cracked the parts guy square in the forehead with a itty bitty ball peen hammer for giving him the wrong parts the 3rd time in a row. fast and the furious? more like slow and the confused. :laughs:

partsjay
07-14-2005, 07:14 AM
i hate the car business!

:uhuh:

Krispy
07-14-2005, 07:57 AM
he cracked the parts guy square in the forehead with a itty bitty ball peen hammer
great visual :hihi:

bassmaster
07-14-2005, 10:54 AM
im a counter guy
im a victom
send help

likwid
07-14-2005, 10:58 AM
bm, i'll buy you wendy's if you gas the counter guy so i can hop the counter and raid the back. :hihi:

Karl F
07-14-2005, 11:52 AM
I always go to the one near me (non-chain)... guy there who knows his stuff... I walked in with a split radiator hose out of a 71 winnebago once, I'm at the door, he's at the counter...he says: dodge big block, commercial app, early 70's... rattled off a number, headed out back, by the time I'm at the counter, he's back, with the exact hose... if I have to go to a napa, or a chain, I always look for a guy with grey hair... seems to work better that way... fer me :D

bassmaster
07-14-2005, 06:35 PM
the older woman at auto zone on 28 near town is awsome

Backbeach Jake
07-14-2005, 08:17 PM
If they start cracking wise, then I know I'm scrod. I was doing my son's brakes, asked for rotors for a 91 Century. Got home and opened the boxes, 91 Sentra. Went back and the little jerk insisted that was what I had asked for. I had to explain that I wasn't his Mommy and his Jedi mind tricks weren't working on me. His boss came out of the office and I finally got the right parts. A 30 minute job ate my Saturday. Here's to you kid :gorez:

justplugit
07-14-2005, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE=Backbeach Jake]If they start cracking wise, then I know I'm scrod.

Ya Fred when they greet ya with ,:whata ya need chief" it's time to say" i wanna talk to the Govena. :hihi: