View Full Version : Looking For a good shark charter

porcupine
07-14-2005, 08:25 PM
A friend asked me if I would help him find a good shark fishing charter out of Rhode Island. I would appreciate any help as this is out of my area.

Thanks ,
Peter

eelman
07-15-2005, 01:30 AM
Ricky Belavance, he is out of Gallilie, forgot the name of the boat but, he is real good, Call kenport marina and ask them how to get in touch with him...

Bass Babe
07-15-2005, 01:57 AM
If you can't find anything personally recommended and available, I did a quick search for RI shark charter and came up with alot of different options.

"Man goes into cage. Cage goes into water. Sharks in the water. Our shark."

RIROCKHOUND
07-15-2005, 08:47 AM
Bill Brown, out of westerly,
docked along side him when I was crewing for the OB tourney a few years back, he knows his stuff!!!

fishweewee
07-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Captain Dave Preble out of Pt. Judith.

I went out with him in August 2000 to see if we could find some tuna.

We warmed up just south of the Block to collect some bloofish and headed offshore.

Saw plenty of tuna, but they weren't biting (skippies and yellowfin).

So we switched to plan B and tangled with some enormous makos and blue dogs (500 lbs).

Better than working out pumping iron. I thought I was going to pass out on the 2nd blue dog of the day.

Had to change my shorts when we saw a basking shark that had to be like 3,000 pounds jump out of the water not too far from the boat. Will never forget it.

Good time - conscientious skipper too. Loves the offshore.

RIROCKHOUND
07-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Prebble is good too...
500lb 'dogs huh? em be big...
saw the world record 450ish at Oak Bluffs a few years back...

PaulS
07-15-2005, 10:11 AM
We're going out next sat. w/someone out of Block island. He's picking us up in point judith. I'll let you know how it was in case your still looking.