View Full Version : last night

rickhern
07-16-2005, 10:56 AM
I hope nobody considers this spot burning. It is a big island with tons of great spots and I almost never see another fisherman out there. Just want to pass on some info so some of you diehards can get into some great fishing. Last night was awesome, 12 fish mostly small but one 20#er, loads of fish breaking, hits or fish on most casts. Bite really picked up after midnight, still strong when I left at 2:30. Took a friend who likes to fish but doesn't catch much and he landed two but dropped about 20, still not sure why. Same rigs, small redgills in front of various plugs; redfins, metal lips, Dmac black needle. Of the fourteen we landed, 12 came on the teaser but the 20 took the plug. Flat calm foggy night. Just doesn't get much better. Good Luck.

Rick

eelslinger
07-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Where did you park without getting ticketed?

leptar
07-16-2005, 11:49 AM
glad someone was into fish... was across the ways over in middletown... just 3 wacks... 2 on the pt judith wobble eel and 1 on a blurple salty needle with glowing eyes... other then that everything seemed perfect... on the bay side it was flat calm and on the river side we had some 2-4' waves and white water all over the place...

what kind of bug repellent were ya using?.. cutter advanced seems to have little to no effect on the mosquitoes now...

Clammer
07-16-2005, 11:55 AM
perfect Friday nite :laugha:

kayaman
07-16-2005, 01:21 PM
I hope nobody considers this spot burning. It is a big island with tons of great spots and I almost never see another fisherman out there.
Rick

can't see how you would burn it if you don't mention where it is :laugha:

redcrbbr
07-16-2005, 02:01 PM
went with some friends out to cutty last night. fished the rip had one fish after an hour or so . moved into the shore and fished some eels. everyone got into fish, biggest fish was real close to or at 50 lbs. all i can say is what a beautiful night.

Clammer
07-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Bob /I guess last nite was the nite :uhuh:

rickhern
07-16-2005, 02:37 PM
kayaman, sorry, thread was suposed to say Gooseberry last night. No breeze but very few bugs and no problem the last three times out with parking in the usual spot. The cop that tagged me just messed up.

lurch
07-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Rick, I have not had any good size fish since my 2nd trip to MV in June....it has all been twinkyville for me. Although I have not been on a "Iron Man" trip since MV I have only been on short 3-4hr trips.

Squid kids Dad
07-16-2005, 06:17 PM
rickhern...sounds like you a good night..congrats

rickhern
07-16-2005, 08:34 PM
Lenny, I will probably try next fri night. If you want to go, let me know. Man am I craving fresh squid!!