View Full Version : Hearing tomorrow on Mass Bill for Their Ocean Management Plan

JohnR
07-17-2005, 02:58 PM
The meeting tomorrow, at the State House at 1pm in room 1A, is to discuss the bill MA S529 http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=24705

One of the items that we want removed is specific sections that will hurt us as Anglers, particularly items refering to the enactment of MPAs.

If anyone can go to that meeting tomorrow, you should not need to speak so much as afford that you are a concerned Mass Recreational Angler. It would be huge if some people can go. I cannot make this one (though I have made several trips for Mass issues in the past, even living in Rhody)...

Thanks,

John

fishermom
07-17-2005, 08:31 PM
Thanks to anyone that can attend this hearing. It's great to see everyone concerned and willing to fight........... :claps:

Sweetwater
07-18-2005, 09:28 PM
I wasn't able to attend the meeting, but spoke briefly to a friend of mine (commercial fisherman) who was there. He said it was quite a mixture of people and different interests groups..and atleast one enviro-fascist type.

Anyone go that can give me a decent report?