View Full Version : I messed up, bakeing my jigs. she's pissed

stripercrazy
07-17-2005, 08:00 PM
nnnooooooo. the paint dripped in the oven on her bakeing stone. :shocked: :gorez: I knew the paint was thick but I didn't think the powder paint would drip, she caught me scrubbing the stone, I told her it was dirty. she seen the paint and flipped. :hidin:

ProfessorM
07-17-2005, 08:10 PM
My wife sells Pampered Chef on the side. Time for another stone dude. :smokin: Paul

Slingah
07-17-2005, 08:22 PM
nnnooooooo. the paint dripped in the oven on her bakeing stone. :shocked: :gorez: I knew the paint was thick but I didn't think the powder paint would drip, she caught me scrubbing the stone, I told her it was dirty. she seen the paint and flipped. :hidin:
i love that chit :laughs:
that stuff happens to me all the time

Jigman
07-17-2005, 08:28 PM
The bigger question is why were you putting lead in an oven that you will be preparing food :shocked: :behead: Sorry, its just a bad idea. Pick up a cheap toaster oven at Wally World (around $20) and use that just for lead.

Jigman

28inches
07-17-2005, 08:54 PM
The bigger question is why were you putting lead in an oven that you will be preparing food :shocked: :behead: Sorry, its just a bad idea. Pick up a cheap toaster oven at Wally World (around $20) and use that just for lead.

Jigman

Sorry Jigman...I'm with F-61 on this one...why is she cooking in the oven he paints his jigs in?? :cool: Hey, we have rights, too. Tell HER to cook in a toaster oven from WallyWorld.

(this assumes you have a nice,comfy couch)

ThrowingTimber
07-18-2005, 06:15 AM
:lurk: So its safe to say you're grounded again...? huh? :hihi:

stripercrazy
07-18-2005, 07:30 AM
I'm a dumbxss, I never thought about the lead. I'll be washing the oven tonite.stone went out in the trash.timber whats it like to fish :hidin: I'll be hiding in the celler come on over. jigman, when you dip your jigs do you use a bigger jar to hold the powder paint? I snaped off the drips. 75% of the jigs came out fine only 6-7 dripped.I'm gonna beat them on rocks anyway. I almost used liquid epoxy paint from barlows. I think a bigger jar whould have helped me. thanks ed.

BigFish
07-18-2005, 07:32 AM
"We cook with lead friend!" :nailem:

ThrowingTimber
07-18-2005, 12:13 PM
damn shame that was a nice oven too.... :uhuh:

Jigman
07-18-2005, 07:35 PM
... when you dip your jigs do you use a bigger jar to hold the powder paint? ...

I use a small fluid bed. A larger jar would certainly help out. Also need to keep the powder fluffed up. Use a piece of wire or something along those lines to fluff the powder after dipping a few jigs. If you are getting drips on the jigs, don't dip them so long or heat the jigs less. The drips are caused by having too much powder on them. Just a quick swirl through the powder is all that is needed.

Jigman

Slipknot
07-19-2005, 09:33 PM
I have an extra 24" wall oven if you want it.

PASurfer
07-20-2005, 08:02 AM
I have an extra 24" wall oven if you want it.

That might be a little big, for the dog house, don't you think? :laughs:

stripercrazy
07-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Slipknot, thanks but I can't, no room.my mother's old stove is in my brothers house, celler.I'll have to cook my jigs over there. my wife says half the celler's hers, there's a war comming. she's got the rest of the house. :nailem: I'll never win.slipknot, thanks for the offer,but I can't. best of luck ed.

Mr. Sandman
07-20-2005, 01:39 PM
I did this once and saw it was going to cause a real problem with the oven and purchsed a cheap little oven at wallmart that is just for jigs. It works fine, has a timer and I set it for 20 min and walk away. Keep it in the basement and labeled as NOT FOR FOOD...contains Pb.

Nebe
07-20-2005, 01:57 PM

dood, first you filet f-ing trout on her good wooden cutting board, then you trash her pizza stone!?!?!?!?!?!

sounds like you better make a trip to beldons jewlers :hihi:

stripercrazy
07-20-2005, 11:01 PM
she's still using that cutting board :liquify: so much for her rules. they only aply to me. the more you give them the more they want, she gets nothing :hidin: good luck ed. I spent all my money on fishing lures :claps:

stripercrazy
07-23-2005, 10:06 PM
jigman thanks for the help

MAC
07-24-2005, 04:28 AM
Slipknot, thanks but I can't, no room.my mother's old stove is in my brothers house, celler.I'll have to cook my jigs over there. my wife says half the celler's hers, there's a war comming. she's got the rest of the house. :nailem: I'll never win.slipknot, thanks for the offer,but I can't. best of luck ed.

I know what ya mean about the half cellar thing. My wife wanted to have part of the garage but that is where I put my foot down. She just gets pissed when I track wood chips into the house :hidin:

Charleston
07-24-2005, 08:28 AM
she's still using that cutting board :liquify: so much for her rules. they only aply to me. the more you give them the more they want, she gets nothing :hidin: good luck ed. I spent all my money on fishing lures :claps:

You're learning. Everytime you give her just alittle slack now will have a MAJOR effect on the quality of the rest of your life! :hihi:

What would you do if she trashed a piece of your tackle? Same thing!! I'm not against protecting what's yours just giving you a few tips that I learned. Some the hard way :liquify: It's worth the investment believe me!! :lm:

NIB
07-24-2005, 09:41 AM
I sequesterd the little toaster oven.they are small an the little shelf in there is perfect to hang the jigs offa.they are fairly inexpensive an the type o thing u find at garage sales for a buck.the down part is i haven't had a french bread pizza in a while.

stripercrazy
07-24-2005, 07:29 PM
have you guys ever gone through the trash and found your fishing catalogs and mags, :nailem:

Squid kids Dad
07-24-2005, 07:56 PM
Nope...But then again I'm single..lol