View Full Version : Thanks to everyone that attended the EBA show

Fish_Eye
01-17-2002, 04:38 AM
Hey folks,

I had a great time meeting so many striper fanatics at the annual East Bay Anglers show in Barrington. It was a thrill for me to deliver the "World Premiere" of the upcoming Laptew/Kreh video "Understanding Fish...and how to catch them" to over 550 people.

If you attended the show, what aspect of the video really got you motivated, amazed you, educated you, or put you to sleep?

I'll also be doing the Fort Washington show in Philly this weekend, Worcester in another week and Suffern, NY and Wilmington. MA in March. I hope to see more linesider fans at the upcoming events.

Stop by at one of my upcoming shows...I'll keep a light on for ya!

http://fisheye.striped-bass.com/images/jan/tailatnight.jpg

bloocrab
01-17-2002, 09:23 AM
...Mike, I love the fact that its some of our OWN waters...:)...I think you did a great job, the audience seemed mezmorized ...you could tell by the occasional ..."ooohs and aaahs"...;) You can learn alot just by seeing them in their natural habitat...but since you asked....:D:D

..I think it would be kind of cool to see how fish react to a plug or piece of bait...I know its close to impossible, meaning you'd have to sit there patiently until a Linesider actually hit it...and you would have to be at the exact location of the strike when it happened...etc.etc....I imagine you would have to locate the school...and then tell the angler where they're at...and have him continously cast at them...while retrieving in your direction...:D:D..I'll be that angler!!!...

..but on a serious note, there was no part of the video that didn't "tease" or motivate me...(ya big tease you!!)..and what always amazes me, is the size of the schools!!...back in the day I always thought when I hooked a stripe..she was all alone, cruising for food and NOT that I just picked 1 out of 100 that were feeding there :rolleyes: ...jeeeeeeeeez!!...SLEEP??..(YOU CRAZY)??...WHO COULD SLEEP WITH ALL THOSE FISHEES ON THE BIG SCREEN??...IF YA WAZ SLEEPIN, YA DIDN'T BELONG THERE!!!

Fish_Eye
01-17-2002, 10:02 AM
Thanks Bloo!

I'm glad you enjoyed the flicks.

The shot of the angler's lure and a fish going after it requires far too much time and effort, even with live bait, plus the fact that a diver tends to put the fish on guard and off the feeding mode -- it all adds up to that "million dollar shot".

I'll try to go for it again next season with the help of Gary Corsetti and a cast of live herring "extras"!

I do have footage of tiny bass assaulting live herring, but the water is murky and you can barely make out the way they smack the "bass candy." It does reveal that the small stripers hit the tails first and then hit the head after!!! That's why you often feel your live bait going, tap, tap, tap, tap. It seems as though they're trying to cripple what represents more than just a tiny mouthful of food with a dibilitating rear attack. Then the traditional head-down-first gulp.

Think herring!

http://fisheye.striped-bass.com/images/herring.jpg

AnthonyN
01-17-2002, 01:10 PM
Fish_Eye,

That was an excellent presentation. The video footage was great! I had never seen video of stripers in they're habitat before so it was an experince for me. The video footage was surreal. I also learned a lot about predator behavior which I didn't know before. I also like the "Tog Cam" that tog was a ham.
To answer your questions more specifically The most amazing part of the show Had to be that whale fish coralling the bait. What motaviated me was the footage of the school of stripers of cuttyhunk with the 50lbers in it. That made me want to get out and try for that elusive 50! The least interesting part of the show for me was the cuttyhunk club. But I have nver fished there and haven't planned to but it was still infomative for people who fish cuttyhunk.

I hope you come to next years EBA show that was an excellent show and I look foward to seeing it again!!