View Full Version : Diabetes

Got Stripers
07-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Well found out today why I've felt like %$%$%$%$ all week, blood sugar twice the norm, high in the urine too with some traces of blood too:(. Having a last beer right now, to prepare for a 12 hour fast, so I can hopefully gag down some grap in tomorrow's tests. I'd like to say it's due to bad eating, too many beers at night and more stress in my life than I can shake a stick at; but I'd bet it won't turn out that simple. I have to say, I'm not looking forward to giving up the beer, that is going to be one tough vice to give up. I'm thinking a last Hooters night out to celebrate before I relent to the doctors ultimate do or die ultimatum will be in order.

Clammer
07-21-2005, 06:41 PM
BOb Best of luck /But on the Flip side /join the @#$@#$%$% gettin old club// plenty of 50,s in this one ............ :buds:

Slingah
07-21-2005, 06:42 PM
good luck Bob
I too went to the Dr's last fall and they found sugar and a little blood in the urine....but did not say I had diabetes....all I got was a nice scope .....I often feel like crud and have a feeling I have diabetes and some how they missed it or did not check for it.
Is it a special test or routine at the yearly???
....this will prompt me to go again
tight lines
matt

Clammer
07-21-2005, 06:43 PM
Matt gooooooooooooo but somewhere else /Doctors @#$%^&8up on a steady basis ... :nailem:

Karl F
07-21-2005, 06:45 PM
Good Luck Bob, hope they find a cure for your ills.. Diabetes nothing to fool with, if that's it.

Got Stripers
07-21-2005, 06:52 PM
Process of illimination, I'm more concerned about the blood, as that could be bladder cancer. I'll be seeing a urologist likely too and getting "scoped" out. Yeah Mike, as my good old Dad keeps reminding me, getting old ain't for sissies.

Slingah
07-21-2005, 06:59 PM
I will clammer...its been weighin on me
dont fret the scope gs...it's nothing :shocked:

BigFish
07-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Good luck with your tests Bob......just double up on fishing to take the place of the beer! :cool:

What you talkin' bout Slingah? :huh:

JohnR
07-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Good luck Bob - very treatable and it is manageable if you listen to the docs

Clammer
07-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Bob no worries on the beer // if it is [d] ya can still roll em //then those oversized 20 pounders will easily be over 35# :lurk:

Slipknot
07-21-2005, 08:21 PM
I hope it's nothing serious Bob.
Maybe instead of stopping beer, you'll have to give up golf and then fish more. :fishslap:
good luck on the test.

Clammer
07-21-2005, 08:53 PM
even in this heat //there is a [[TON]] of bait //& fish // they are hard to get /but nice fat fish // full moon /ya can watch them brake in the moonlight from thr chairs ///// :hihi:

JohnR
07-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Hey //Mikul//*&$

Left you a couple messages