View Full Version : I Take It Back....Manny Does Bite!

BigFish
07-23-2005, 07:25 PM
That was Gawd-Awful fielding!!!! Worst I have ever seen! :shocked: BigCat and others....I have jumped ship and Manny needs a glove on both hands! :hihi:

ProfessorM
07-23-2005, 08:46 PM
Yeah I got another laugh tonite, but he still hits the stuffing out of the ball so I will take the bad with the good. Threw someone out at the plate last nite too. Everyone runs on him. They figure he will throw it into the crowd but he has a good arm just can't field very good. Every game is an adventure in the field. Manny is great. Paul

Mike P
07-23-2005, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE=Professor Moriarty Every game is an adventure in the field. Manny is great.

Paul[/QUOTE]

Not to mention, on the basepaths :D

To be fair, I don't get to see many Sox games down here, but last year, the wife decided to watch game one of the Series with me. Not being much of a baseball fan (she actually associates Darryl Strawberry with the Dodgers and not the Mets, being a Southern Californian), she had never heard anything about Manny, and wondered why I referred to him as "Planet Manny". In the space of 5 minutes, he butchered two plays in the outfield, one being the infamous trip, and took a humungous turn around first, fell on his ass, and scrambled back to an uncovered base on his belly. Her comment: "Oh, now I see why you call him that" :D :hihi:

Squid kids Dad
07-23-2005, 09:41 PM
I agree with PM.....His bat has overcome whatever brain fart his fielding has delivered..And his brain farts havent been that bad this year....Through someone out last night at home...

afterhours
07-24-2005, 04:20 AM
he makes the game interesting... manny's like a box of choclates... seen him butcher plays and have seen him make some great plays. helluva right hand bat.

Bigcat
07-24-2005, 07:32 AM
I fallen in line Manny is Manny. That play he got turned around on was funny,but he threw out a runner, made a great catch to end the game,oh he also hit the game winning homerun. :happy:

Homerun04
07-24-2005, 08:57 AM
I think Manny hurts himself with his attitude to some degree.....he comes across like he doesn't care too much when he messes up in the field, and frankly, I think he really doesn't care. Hell, at $19 million a year -- I wouldn't care either. He always has this stupid little smirk on his face after every error.....kinda like, "Who cares?"

That's baseball.....what is Francona going to do....bench a guy making 50x more per year then he makes....?? Manny can make 10 errors a game, and Francona still can't bench him....and Manny knows it.
All Manny cares about is his hitting, but since neither he nor Ortiz can field a lick, one of them needs to be in the field in order to get both bats in the line-up.

In the old days this would never happen because players played for pride and to be the best - regardless of how much they were paid. They strided for perfection, and becoming an All-Star or HOFer was the pinnacle of success. Nowadays, we have players refusing to go to the All-Star game......all they care about is money....period...! So don't be surprised when they get these guaranteed contracts and then take 4 of the 5 years off, and only start playing hard in their contract year.

P.S. Did you see what a bunch of fools they made of themselves during the weekend of All-Star Game festivities....a bunch of little children.....buffoons, if you ask me.....and before I get too much guff for writing this, I played pro ball for a few years...

Backbeach Jake
07-24-2005, 09:13 AM
The more that I watch Manny the more that I think he has the right attitude! I screwed up, again, so what? Instead of the minny temper-tantrum, F-bomb mime act most of the other players go through. He knows every saw him goof and he's confident that he can make it up and he usually does. He does have a ferocious arm, I wouldn't round 3rd on him.

afterhours
07-24-2005, 02:16 PM
P.S. Did you see what a bunch of fools they made of themselves during the weekend of All-Star Game festivities....a bunch of little children.....buffoons, if you ask me.....and before I get too much guff for writing this, I played pro ball for a few years...[/QUOTE]

could'nt agree more!

fishsmith
07-25-2005, 07:52 AM
The more that I watch Manny the more that I think he has the right attitude! I screwed up, again, so what?
:btu:

afterhours
07-26-2005, 03:54 PM
now the reports say he asked to be traded........again. love his bat but that's about it! piss poor attitude and total lack of effort and respect for the game, freekin' putz.

partsjay
07-26-2005, 06:24 PM
I played pro ball for a few years

When and Where Don....could be interesting.

afterhours
07-26-2005, 06:34 PM
not me, i was quoting homerun4. i could never hit the curve :bc:

Squid kids Dad
07-26-2005, 06:47 PM
I agree with PM.....His bat has overcome whatever brain fart his fielding has delivered..And his brain farts havent been that bad this year....Through someone out last night at home...

OK I take it back... :nailem: