View Full Version : Sloppy Play...

afterhours
07-26-2005, 06:36 AM
this edition of our sox has some of the sloppiest base running and fielding i've ever seen, driving me freekin' nuts. don't get me wrong - i love the sox, but do they know the meanings of professionalism, smart baseball, and hustle? and what's with the outfield playing so shallow, seems like balls are always flying over their heads!

The Dad Fisherman
07-26-2005, 07:14 AM
I agree......3 miscues cost them that game last night

1. Millar should have made that scoop.....it was not a tough one to make
2. Stern should not have gotten caught off the bag.
3. Nixon should have realized he was not going to get to that ball and played the carrom instead.....but the game should have been over before we got to that point.

tynan19
07-26-2005, 07:38 AM
That was a little league play that got Stern caught. Just seems like a string of bad luck.

vineyardblues
07-26-2005, 10:39 AM
I love dirt dog Nixon, but man o man, this year's base running and last nights off the wall was bad! Lets hope it's now out of the way and we go on a 16 game winning run!
VB

protty31
07-26-2005, 12:19 PM
You seriously can't blame nixon for that.It was a split second decision he had to make and he felt he needed to try and get it.You can't foresee the ball taking the bounce that it did.The outfield was at keep it in front depth,it was just hit too hard,not his fault.You obviously didn;t see the the one olerud missed also.These things happen in baseball.They will be okay have patience :hidin:

vineyardblues
07-27-2005, 01:37 PM
I agree , the ball off the wall was tuff !
But the base running from a few of them is just bad. Where is mark belhorn?
Tony already made 2 huge base running errors. And the 3rd base coach...ouch...bet he's gone at years end!

protty31
07-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Bellhorn is hurt,and tony is pretty solid.He certainly doesn't kkkk as much either. :p