View Full Version : Trade Rumors

striperboy3754
07-29-2005, 07:04 AM
Sox 1st baseman Kevin Millar might get traded....

The Dad Fisherman
07-29-2005, 07:42 AM
We can only Hope....... :hihi:

CAL
07-29-2005, 05:52 PM
I heard the Sox are talking to the Mets and Tampa about Manny. Wonder if it's a 3 way trade and who the Sox will end up with in the end.

Slipknot
07-29-2005, 05:57 PM
huff and cameron or something like that

I hope that deal doesn't happen.

afterhours
07-29-2005, 06:29 PM
i think that huff will do well in boston, good attitude and has talent. i'm so freekin' sick of mannys' attitude. as far as millar- i'd take 3 bp balls and a can of chew.

redneck24
07-29-2005, 06:56 PM
get rid of manny

Mike P
07-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Where are you guys gonna put Cameron? One of the reasons he's unhappy with the Mets is that they shifted him to right to make room for Beltran in center. You gonna move Damon to left and put Cameron in center? Or put Cameron in right until Nixon gets back? Cameron will not be a happy camper unless he goes back to center. You'd be better off trading for him in the off-season after Damon walks as a free agent ;) Probably get him cheaper than for Manny.

The only other guy the Mets have who'd be equal value for Manny is Cliff Floyd, and there's no way the Mets trade his relatively cheap contract to assume Manny's. Not for basically equal production offensively and wrose defense.

Slipknot
07-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Manny will be a 10/5 guy after the season Mike

I always say "in Bill we trust" but when they say "In Theo we trust" I don't have as much confidence, I know he's no Dan Duquette, but, I think Manny just needs to wake up. Trade Millar not Mueller

ProfessorM
07-29-2005, 07:57 PM
I hate Manny's antics but there is no way you are going to trade and get anyone who is going to have the offensive numbers he puts up. I know he is a pain in the ass spoiled prima donna but the bottom line is RBI's and he is the man. Most teams are going to want the sox's to assume some of his contract too. I would hate to see him win the MVP this year playing for another team and we are paying a third of his contract. They will straighten him out I think and he will be fine. There is no way we win without his offense.

Uncle Matt
07-29-2005, 08:30 PM
WEEI was talking with Sox brass on the air earlier today and mentioned that Manny has requested to be traded for the last 3 or 4 seasons. So maybe this is the first we heard of it publicly.

I agree, any team who would be interested in Manny would ask for the Sox to assume a large financial portion of his contract. I wouldn't hold my breath on a Manny trade over the next two days. So we are STUCK under the current terms of an unhappy 28 HR, 95 RBI guy!