View Full Version : Is Manny

Squid kids Dad
07-30-2005, 10:03 PM
Gone!!!!...He didnt play tonight...A last minute cut...Sounds like bye bye to me....Good luck Mets!!! We shall see :nailem:

Surfcastinglife
07-30-2005, 10:36 PM
all media outlets reporting the deal is dead

Uncle Matt
07-31-2005, 06:50 AM
I didn't or don't like the deal anyways. We'd be giving up on some or one of our few good and talented prospects to get another unhappy outfielder. Cameron may have half the bat of Manny but a headache is still a headache.

Plus you have to weigh the effects on Big Poppy being unhappy if Manny left. Keep him and be stuck with his 125+ RBI's and 40+ HR's. So what's a misplayed or dropped ball every three or four games? His bat makes up for more than that.

Surfcastinglife
07-31-2005, 09:02 AM
why are the sox so desperate to make a move that doesn't even include starting pitching or ANY ptching for that matter. mike cameron and aubrey huff aren't anywhere near manny level and if you bring in huff you have to move someone in the infield to make room. the deal just didn't make sense to me. manny asks to be traded every damn year its nothing new, i think theo is getting a little too trigger happy given the fact that the sox are in first place after all. adding a pitcher or two is what's needed, not to shake the foundation of the team

ProfessorM
07-31-2005, 10:06 AM
There are no pitchers out there and if there are they want way too much. That is the only way I would trade him and there are none, look at what the Yankme's are getting for pitching lately washup has beens. Nomo, Embry, Lieter, etc.. If they can't find any with there unlimited budget. If they trade Manny they are stupid. I don't care if he is unhappy too damn bad he is still one of the best offensive players in the league and I want him. At the very least they need him in the order just for the protection the other hitters get. Like him or don't they have absolutely no chance without him in the lineup. They are an offensive ball club this year that is what is carrying them, certainly not like last year when the pitching carried them. Trade him and trade your chances. Coach has to straighten things out, that is his job. Paul

Uncle Matt
07-31-2005, 11:51 AM
Paul is absolutely right. Of course I'm only playing armchair quarterback here an just a baseball fan. But screw what Manny wants. He is under a hefty contract that keeps him here three more years wether he likes it or not.

I got an idea. Put some hash in the locker room brownies, turn up the Ziggy Marley and three years will be over before he knows it. :humpty:

fishsmith
07-31-2005, 04:02 PM
Manny's here to stay. :jump:
That dribbler single to go ahead 4 - 3 in the 8th was a thing of beauty.

The 10th planet has been named "Manny" and thats alright by me.

Go Red Sox!!!!!!!!!!

Squid kids Dad
07-31-2005, 04:10 PM
fs...That was sweet....I thought for sure he was a gonner before today...I just wonder if the Sox tried trading him and there were not a good enough trade or what...I know he does this everyyear...But its his lack of hustling that gets me...But then again his lack of huslting isnt consistent...That jog to 1st base the other night really bothered me even tho he was safe... :huh:

fishsmith
07-31-2005, 05:35 PM
I hear ya SKD, lack of hustle is a sore spot (I fell asleep that night and missed it, so it didn't hit home as hard). The press doesn't help either, they smell blood in the water and put whatever they please in the paper.
I thought he was goner after the scratch last night too, but Manny is one of the best hitters ever and weighing out his good vs. the bad is a no contest in my eyes.
GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!

ProfessorM
07-31-2005, 09:42 PM
Just heard Manny tell his version of what has transpired over the last few days and he say's he is fine. I have a feeling that the media has blown this crap way out of proportion, as usual. That is not to say he won't drive me crazy. You just don't go and trade your best offensive player because he is a fruitcake. You learn to live with the good and the bad. I know I can and I am glad he's still around. Paul

afterhours
08-01-2005, 06:25 AM
i guess that i keep forgetting that manny is REALLY just a big 13 year old kid who happens to be 32 yo and can hit the crap out of a baseball. he seemed happy yesterday.