View Full Version : The Race?

BigFish
08-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Anyone who has been down there as recently as today? How much of it is open? :cool: Thinking of going down there and don't want to waste my time.

MAC
08-01-2005, 05:51 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I have the # but it doesn't come in very well.

BigFish
08-01-2005, 05:52 PM
They don't always update either....rather have first hand update!

MAC
08-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Last report was yesterday

Slipknot
08-01-2005, 06:08 PM
last time I was there the air station was closed :(

all the money from increased prices should have given them enough revenue to put compressors at Highhead and CoastGuard:smash:

how much is open you ask? = not much I'd say :(

BigFish
08-01-2005, 06:10 PM
The air station was closed? What the heck is up with that? :laughs:

Backbeach Jake
08-01-2005, 06:11 PM
As of Sunday, Thr Traps to Hatches'. South Race to Almost Missionbell. HighHead to HOM. Thasit! OH, yeah AIrstation was open with a little better pressure, musta been repairs.

Karl F
08-01-2005, 06:12 PM
South opened as of yesterday, north is still closed.

There is always, "Larry's Beach" ;)

Karl F
08-01-2005, 06:13 PM
ya beat me Jake ;) by a minute

Raider Ronnie
08-01-2005, 07:01 PM
We (Team Ave Maria) were there for a bit late in the afternoon yesterday after cod fishing offshore.
We 1st had a bluefish jump clean out of the water then a school bluefin tuna also jumped chasing after the bluefish in front of my boat! :kewl:
We also had schools of footballs jumping out on the cod grounds,
we tried to get a hook up with light tackle, but no hook up!
Depending on charters, I know what we will be doing next weekend!!!

Vectorfisher
08-01-2005, 08:32 PM
We (Team Ave Maria) were there for a bit late in the afternoon yesterday after cod fishing offshore.
We 1st had a bluefish jump clean out of the water then a school bluefin tuna also jumped chasing after the bluefish in front of my boat! :kewl:
We also had schools of footballs jumping out on the cod grounds,
we tried to get a hook up with light tackle, but no hook up!
Depending on charters, I know what we will be doing next weekend!!!

I noticed Sunday a.m that there weren't many campers on the beach in the spots I have been used to seeing them. I saw TipNRing out there figured he was chasing tuna as he was mixed in with the big boats, Ron how is the codfishing? I have not dropped a line for cod to date I need to get out and try different area's out there, should have done it Sunday sea's were great for it. By the way no Bass at the Race people were ultra obnoxious so we left and casted light tackle off Billingsgate Blooofish galore.

Tip-N-Ring
08-02-2005, 03:32 PM
Vector you should have gave me a holla' on 65. We were into the Bass.. Lots of blooofish to start, but early afternoon Bassin' heated up. See ya out there soon! Capt. Dave :wiggle: :wiggle:

Flaptail
08-03-2005, 05:50 AM
I fished the whole place hard Monday night. Don't matter whats open or whats closed if'n ya got legs that work. Anyway, what with the light to moderate munginess and the teeny tiny bluefish I wouldn't waste my time. Got eels? Go to your beach at the 2nd hour of the drop and hold on.

fishsmith
08-03-2005, 07:58 AM
bottom fishing blew yesterday east of the bank - plenty of shorts (cod minnows) but saw a right whale on the way back and that made the day.