View Full Version : Same old Bruins - shame on you

Uncle Matt
08-03-2005, 04:23 PM
What are the Bruins thinking signing Brian Leech? So what, they miss out on Mike Modano, panic and sign this old defensemen? The fact the deal is a one year deal says enough. They better have a real deal to announce soon.

28inches
08-03-2005, 05:01 PM
:call: I hear Brad Park turned them down..???

Uncle Matt
08-03-2005, 05:56 PM
I just read up on Leech. He's 37 years old, and had no points in the playoffs for Toronto in 2004. What a fantastic signing(sarcasm). Let's get the confetti ready for the tickertape parade..... WTF?

When a horse gets old and lame they shoot em. Can we do that to Leech?

Squid kids Dad
08-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Calm down...Its just starting...geez..... :gf:

28inches
08-04-2005, 11:29 AM
He's a young 37. :biglaugh:

afterhours
08-04-2005, 03:56 PM
they called stump burridge. :usd: i don't get the leech deal- for all that $$$$. nice veteran...but that's allstar $$$

28inches
08-04-2005, 04:28 PM
He's a great guy to have on the club, but that IS a lot of $$.

CAL
08-04-2005, 05:07 PM
I'd rather have a 44 year old Bourque.

McEachearn, Isbister, Scatchard? Ooo where do I get my season tickets?
Typical of The B's, load up on 3rd and 4th line role players.

afterhours
08-04-2005, 05:28 PM
i don't think that it's a typical b's move- usually low $$$. this was a stupid move! hi charlie......soooon :wave:

CAL
08-04-2005, 05:39 PM
I meant the other 3 guys they signed.

Where's the top tier talent the B's said they'd sign when they got a salary cap?

afterhours
08-04-2005, 06:08 PM
I

Where's the top tier talent the B's said they'd sign when they got a salary cap?

yeah- that kinda worries me too. that IS typical! i think they'll loose a lot of their fanbase if they don't do what they said. this is a steller opp. to put a real contender on the ice, hope they don't blow it!

nightfighter
08-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Gonshar gone to Pittsburgh. He should have been the backline lynchpin. Has a cannon too.

Surfcastinglife
08-04-2005, 09:10 PM
seems like the talk is that they are lowballing thornton 2.......if he goes then this team is worthless for years to come

partsjay
08-04-2005, 09:24 PM
This is the best chance for the B's to contend.....Forsberg signed in Phili...then Phili trade Roeneck away...Modano signes in Dallas...Niedermiyer (sp?) signs....they need to make some bold moves and put some talent on the ice...seems like they are dragging their feet a bit...soon all the "stars" will be gone...and I know that it's not just about " stars" but after not playing last year...the high ticket prices...ect, ect....they need to put people in the seats...bottom line...so far, they are not doing that.

Uncle Matt
08-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Come on. The Bruins dragging their feet? Never! So much for them saying they have lots of free cash to make a splurge in the free agent market. Maybe more like a trickle.

"I didn't think it was possible but this both sucks and blows!"

Even with the JR trade, the signings make Philly look strong this year.

fishsmith
08-05-2005, 03:59 PM
Aside from how awful you guys think the B's are going to be, do you think the parity between teams is better?

Different sport, but the Pats don't have huge stars, but a TEAM of solid players, why couldn't it work in hockey?

partsjay
08-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Different sport, but the Pats don't have huge stars, but a TEAM of solid players, why couldn't it work in hockey?

While I will agree with you that the Pats have a solid team, front to back, they have somewhat quietly added stars...I would consider Brady, Seymour, Dillon, Vinatieri....and now maybe Branch and Harrison stars...maybe not in the eyes of all...but to true football fans, they have to be considered that...and don't take this as a Pats fan gloating...because I'm a Packers fan. I think they ( the Bruins ) could do it with solid players...I just don't think they have picked up any of those either...Leetch is a good defenseman...but he is old and his numbers have dropped considerably over the last few years..now this kid Zhamnov could help, but we will have to see...I'm not ready to give up yet, I just wish they would have gotton a big star.

And yes I'm all for parity...I also like the new scheduling...should be good for rivalries.

CAL
08-05-2005, 04:57 PM
You don't think Brady, Dillon, Seymour, Harrison, Law and Vinatieri are huge stars? They're all considered among the best at their positions.

In hockey the only way a team with no stars makes it anywhere in the playoffs is if they have a phenomenal goalie.

partsjay
08-05-2005, 09:06 PM
In hockey the only way a team with no stars makes it anywhere in the playoffs is if they have a phenomenal goalie.

Yup!!

fishsmith
08-08-2005, 09:17 AM
I think all the pats are all stars, but when you look at individual stats they are not superstar #'s . At least fantasy 's #'s (Corey dillion is the exeption, ranked #9 overall)