View Full Version : Bombers: A-salt vs long A?

CAL
08-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Was just curious which most people prefer and why.

Christian
08-05-2005, 10:56 PM
they each have their place.
the a-salt swims different than the long a.

i like the a-salt for pretty heavy current when small sandeels are around.
the long a i use for less turbulent water, when they want it cranked right on the top.

Joe
08-06-2005, 08:18 AM
Most people prefer the Long-A, even though it has three sets of trebles to the A-Salt's two.
Why? I'm not sure.

Mike P
08-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Most people prefer the Long-A, even though it has three sets of trebles to the A-Salt's two.

Which lasts for about 10 seconds once they get in my hot little hands ;)

basswipe
08-07-2005, 07:15 AM
I prefer the A-Salt.I find that it casts better.Its slightly different action gets more hits IMO.Lately though the blurple Mambo has been working very well for me and it casts better than the Bombers.

BTW the Magnum Long-A has two sets of heavy duty trebles.The regular one has the three sets of freshwater trebles.

BasicPatrick
08-07-2005, 11:21 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMambo is gooood

Bombers have their place also

ragfly
08-08-2005, 06:00 AM
I prefer the Mambo myself, but do use the A-salt occsionally. The Mambo has a much slower wider wobble that I think the bass like better. IMHO

basswipe
08-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Mambo was the go to plug again this evening.Got 3 bass in 25" or so range tonight.Wish I'd the time to fish a little while longer.The spot I've been fishing seems to really turn on when the tide starts going out.

luds
08-09-2005, 09:41 AM
I think a lot of guys prefer the long A because it has been around longer and that is what they used first and it worked.

I use the the a-salt bombers mostly with 4X 1/o vmc hooks.

I'd be curious to know what replacement hooks everyone uses on the small long a's. I've used a 1/o vms on the back hook and a 2/o on the front hook with some success.

I wish they made a mambo minnow that was a size in between the mini and full size.

Flaptail
08-09-2005, 11:54 AM
I like the A-Salts. Two trebles and the finish lasts way longer. JMTC! :btu: