View Full Version : MAJOR SKUNK GRUMPAGE..

crashfromamesbury
08-06-2005, 10:32 PM
if there were possibly a worse time to have my dog sprayed by a skunk i cant imagine.. i am getting ready to go to work overnight at my second job.. and let out the dogs.. and the first one got nailed in the face and now my kitchen stinks to high hell..

but i did find a remedy that should remove the smell..

recipe as follows.. and you may want to sticky this..

1 quart 3% hydrogen peroxide solution..
1/4 cup baking soda
1 teaspoon liquid dish soap

instructions

wash dog / cat while solution is bubbling and
rinse with clean water..

problem now is i am at work and my hands stink .. i have washed them with nearly everything.. did i say this stuff stinks to high hell..

i can't imagine being the dogs at home with my other one.. they must be miserable..

this just sucks.. but you have to laugh..

crashfromamesbury
08-07-2005, 12:39 AM
and now i sit here in my overnight job.. and thanks to the dog flipping out and me not realizing it.. my shoes and shorts both stink of skunk i feel bad for the dogs.. and i'll be spending my sunday am dousing the dog in the peroxide solution and throwing my shoes in the trash.. everything else is getting a bleach treatment..

i am glad i did not sprayed myself.. but second hand skunk spray is just as potent.. this sucks..

oh well could be worse..

later and thanks for letting me rant.

Slingah
08-07-2005, 08:09 AM
peeee-uuuuuuu :yak6:

NIB
08-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Tamaote an lemon juices.lemon juice works on alot of stinks.watch out for any cuts or nicks.

MAC
08-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Massengil. Our dog is good for atleast 1 face full a year. The store clerks just look at you kind of funny when ya go in and buy 5 or 6 boxes :spin:

basswipe
08-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Massengil. Our dog is good for atleast 1 face full a year. The store clerks just look at you kind of funny when ya go in and buy 5 or 6 boxes :spin:

What Mac said.

I have a Newfoundland/St.Bernard mix.She has hair.She's been sprayed. Nothing gets rid of the skunk smell better than a good dousching.

To get rid of the vinegar smell you then give your pup a good 'ol normal shampooing.

UserRemoved1
08-07-2005, 10:59 AM
There is NOTHING in the world as good of a smell as a skunk at 4 am on the way down 495 :D Better than coffee....

Redsoxticket
08-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Crash, the dog used that solution that you described and it worked just fine.
There was still a linger of skunk smell on the dog's head so I mixed up a quick solution and now the dog's head is dyed. Oops, but the dog still loves me.

nightfighter
08-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Yup, been there. What Mac said. Have emergency supply on hand. Got sick of the look from convenience store cashiers at odd hours too. (Just wonder what they were possibly thinking....)

crashfromamesbury
08-07-2005, 12:46 PM
it worked good.. i had it all over my legs too.. so i scrubbed in the showere with the baking soda soluton.. it came off.. now doing laundry to get rid of the rest of the smell.. he is no worse fo rthe wear..b ut i have had enough.. thanks for all the encouragement.. ps the nurses at the hosp i work at also recommended the massengil..

thanks again.. slightly less stinky crash in boston

justplugit
08-07-2005, 04:11 PM
and me not realizing it.. my shoes and shorts both stink of skunk

My brother was at his buddies apartment drinkin one nite and they were runnin out the back door spookin cats out of the dumpster by shoutin and jumpin up and down laughin their butts off.

Now he goes to leave,3 sheets to the wind, and sees what he thinks is a cat on the front walk and trys to spook it. It doesn't move. So he gets in his convertible with the roof down and drives home.

He walks in the house and tells my Dad how he couldn't spook this one cat.
Delayed reaction, my father says cat hell, that was a skunk, get outa the house.

Took him a week and 5 gals of tomatoe juice to get the smell outa his convertible. :laughs:

Raven
08-08-2005, 01:55 AM
i sure don't miss -em... where i used to live the "house" so to speak....would get sprayed almost weekly.....i couldnt shut the windows fast enough...it was like biological warfare...i was spraying them with the garden hose everytime i caught them in the yard....then one morning while sitting on my raised deck i noticed a shimmering in the bushes near the base of a tree...within fifty feet. ....it was skunk babies..eight in all plus the momma exiting their den for a neighborhood stroll....so as soon as they left , i shoved a garden hose in it and flooded it so they wouldnt like it anymore...and they never returned.

my point is: there's a den nearby...and
they dont seem to travel to far from it.
finding it......... is the answer.:walk:

Iwannakeeper
08-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Pour some tomato juice in a bowl, and see if they will drink it.

I had a dog get sprayed in the face once. He swallowed some, and the smell just stayed with him. Then he started 'coughing' and the vet told me to get him to drink some.

The spray is kinda oily. so any acid will work. vinegar and water or tomato juice works great.

If the dog got it in the face, take your time and clean the ears well - that is where some lingering odor may stay trapped.

crashfromamesbury
08-08-2005, 03:13 PM
EVERYTHING OUT THERE GOT COVERED.. THE TRASHBARRELS AND TODAY WAS TRASH DAY. SO OUT COMES THE CONCOCTION AGAIN TO CLEAN MY HANDS.. GRRRRRRRR..

THE DOG IS DOING BETTER BUT GOING TO THE GROOMER ON SAT FOR A SHAVE.. AND I KNOW WHERE THE DEN IS.. UNDER MY NEIGHBORS BACK PORCH.. AND I CAN'T CONVINCE HIM (HES A WIMP). TO SMOKE OR FLOOD THEM OUT..

I'LL LAUGH LIKE HELL WHEN ONE OF HIS KIDS GETS SPRAYED.. I AM BUILDING A BETTER BARRIER AT THE BOTTOM OF MY FENCE.. THEY CAN'T DIG THRU PAVEMENT AND PT.. THE FENCE WAS CURLED UP WHERE HE CAME THRU. NEVER AGAIN.. LUCKILY I LIVE IN THE CITY AND EVERYTHING HAS CONCRETE OR PAVEMENT AROUND IT..

i'll have to search for the bb gun next.. or a wrist rocket.

UserRemoved1
08-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Ratty and I smelled skunk at 3:30 this am goin down 495

For some sick reason I thought of you Crash :hidin:

For the record they will not stop digging. I pulled like 9 of them out of my yard at the old house, and if you stop up where they wanna go they WILL find a way around it. And I can tell you they are persistent bastards.
Cat Food or tuna fish in a trap wrapped in a old pillow case....this way they can't see you when you dunk them in the 30 gallon bucket of water :D