View Full Version : 10 years ago today....

zacs
08-09-2005, 08:13 AM
A great man passed away.

RIP Jerry Garcia.

You know our love is not fade away.

rwilhelm
08-09-2005, 10:46 AM
He was the man!!! There is absolutely no better concert you can go to than a dead show. The tailgating itself was unbelievable. I am glad I had the chance to see them.

RIJIMMY
08-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Now I feel old, I was living in San Francisco when he died, there was a lot of cool tribute concerts in GG park for a few weeks.

Slipknot
08-09-2005, 06:57 PM
it was a very sad day indeed

afterhours
08-09-2005, 08:05 PM
one of those days i'll never forget, jerry was the man. his music will live within us forever! i miss him! and as slip says every day- thank you jery!

Rappin Mikey
08-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Here's to Jerry :buds: My brother almost died at a Dead show. Came down with Scarlet fever in the parkinglot while I was jammin out to Scarlet Begonias inside the show. Came out to the car afterwards to find him all purply colored passed out in the backseat.

Clammer
08-09-2005, 11:30 PM
When my wife passed away // I had to call my son / he,d be hear in45 minutes // when he arrived he went where his Mom was // closed a homemade curtain soo he & his wife could be with Sheila [alone] the rest of the family had some time before he arrived // I didn,t make the call until I knew everyone had had the time they needed ...
we,ll after my son was in there for a while == we heard music == I guess he had picked two of the GD,s songs to play ,if he had the chance / well to most people that may of been a shocker // not to us / he loved her & that was his tribute to her // I don,t know the names of them// but when he was done & opened the curtins ./I gave him & kate a huge hug / brought all the family back in the room with Sheila & asked him to play them again =========== only louder ,louder ,louder // even when they came to pick her up we were playing her favorite Patsy Cline mUsic // F #$%^& me up ...