View Full Version : pitbull vs. porcupine Who do you think won?

fishsmith
08-12-2005, 09:59 AM
YIKES :hidin:

BigBo
08-12-2005, 10:06 AM
Ouch. I wouldn't want to be the one to pull all them quills out. Better sedate that pup. :hidin:

Diggin Jiggin
08-12-2005, 10:14 AM
I bet that porcupine's got a big bald spot now...

basswipe
08-12-2005, 10:17 AM
That dog's bummin!

Diamond Tackle
08-12-2005, 10:31 AM
http://www.thepetcenter.com/gen/pq.html
http://www.bestfriendspetcare.com/Pet_tips/removingporcupinequills.cfm
The quills can penetrate deeper if they fill with fluid. Quills are hollow,cutting the ends off with a scissor before removing them reduces the pressure inside the quill & keeps the barbs from portruding whick is very uncomfortable for the dog,or so im told .Your vet is gonna love this one.

best of luck,hope it turns out ok

Homerun04
08-12-2005, 10:54 AM
That pooch is gonna look like one of them fancy Italian water fountains next time he takes a drink...............LOL........... :fishslap:

fishsmith
08-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Not my pet just an email that I thought the SB brethren would enjoy.

Saltheart
08-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Its not likely that dog will live.

Mike P
08-12-2005, 12:51 PM
This was posted on SOL last week. It's really a classic example of why some people shouldn't be allowed to own pets, let alone have kids.

Apprently, the dog's owners saw the porcupine in the back yard, sent the dog out to take care of it, then filmed the "fight", such as it was, on video. The video seems to have made its way around the 'net.

Now, proud mama is posting the stills and writing about it on her blog. Fortunately, the dog (a female named "Inca" if I remember right) was treated successfully and is recovering.

outfished
08-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Stupid a$$! Should throw the owner into jail. Better yet throw her into a box with a couple of porcupines. :doh:

NaCl H2O
08-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Apprently, the dog's owners saw the porcupine in the back yard, sent the dog out to take care of it, then filmed the "fight", such as it was, on video. The video seems to have made its way around the 'net.

What a F***ing moron....

Saltheart
08-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Stupid a$$! Should throw the owner into jail. Better yet throw her into a box with a couple of porcupines. :doh:

I agree that would be just but 1 porcupine in the box would be plenty. :)

fishsmith
08-12-2005, 01:56 PM
as Paul Harvey would say "Now you know the rest of the story."

Homerun04
08-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Apprently, the dog's owners saw the porcupine in the back yard, sent the dog out to take care of it, then filmed the "fight", such as it was, on video. The video seems to have made its way around the 'net. I am sure the authorities would love to see that video....there is such a thing as animal abuse, and it is a crime.....dumb ass is gonna find herself in jail soon....

partsjay
08-12-2005, 05:52 PM
violent and gruesome stuff does not bother me......but that pic really made my stomach turn...as a dog owner ( I love my dog like it's one of my kids ) I would love to kick the crap out of the owner of that poor ass dog....stupid a$$....I'm totally p-od right now....damn people suck!!! :realmad: :af: :realmad: :af: :realmad:

Mike P
08-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Actually, it's not a pit bull. It's a bull terrier (ala Spuds McKenzie).

Terriers aren't afraid of very much, it seems. For that dog to keep coming back at that porcupine time after time..... :err: :eek5:

chris L
08-12-2005, 06:42 PM
It's really a classic example of why some people shouldn't be allowed to own pets, let alone have kids.

YOU AINT KIDDING ! I carry a licence for :
fishing ,driving , had to get one to get married , to carry a firearm , work (and continued education ) but I dont need one to make and care for kids ?

there are stupid people in this world and the only way to combat them is to teach your kids to THINK

I like them big words

STELLA