View Full Version : wet and wild

quick decision
08-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Any body get caught in the rain sat. or sunday?

Van
08-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Saw the sky getting black, so we booked it home, got in before it hit hard.

Would not have been fun to be stuck out there in that crap.

Fisherwoman
08-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Got stuck coming in from Stellwagon out 35 miles and came right into it. Took us along time to get in. tried to scoot around it and the next thing you know we were surrounded by lightning and rain from hell. Was not fun but it is getting better knowing what our new boat can handle. Not liking that kind of stuff. We even left early out there, it was FAC as the wind just came up all of a sudden and I said you know what I think we should start heading in.

Was a pretty scary trip and would not want to repeat it. SO much for the NO WAKE ZONE coming into the river, as we were coming in was when all hell started to break loose last evening in Quincy. glad we got the boat tied up and got home as that was just starting. Pulled into 4 ft of water in our driveway as the whole street was flooded and looked in the basement and the water started pulling in. You should have seen these idiots trying to go thru this on our street. At one point there were 7 cars flooded and stalled in the middle of 4 ft of water on the street. SOme people just do not know how to go around the block. every time a car went by the waves came up our drivway and the water would gush into the basement, got lucky that it started to receed when it did or we would have ended up with a full basement full of water. The big guy upstairs was definatly watching over us yesterday>>

capesams
08-15-2005, 11:38 AM
got a bronze grounding plate on your new ride? may save your electronic's and wiring when in storm's like that and there's no where to run to.

Fisherwoman
08-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Great info Capesams, how do we go about doing that for the new ride?

likwid
08-15-2005, 11:50 AM
Any body get caught in the rain sat. or sunday?

Fun ride. :)

MakoMike
08-15-2005, 12:01 PM
What rain?

capesams
08-15-2005, 04:40 PM
any boat yard or supply shop...their like 2"w x 6" L x 5/8" thick...get's screwed to the bottom of the hull then a ground wire goes from that to your fuse panel and all your gear is wired into that.....it's like the ground wire in your house that goes from your fuse panel to a rod that get's put into the ground....it suppose to give lighting somewhere to go in case you get hit..also give's you a better ground other than just using your battery.

Striper1
08-15-2005, 05:33 PM
It is funny how that no wake zone goes out the window when it's like that out there... :faga:

Ferry runs down two boats one 25 the other over 30 feet in western way fore river...
http://ledger.southofboston.com/articles/2005/08/15/news/news04.txt

I don't have radar.
Can the rain be so strong that you can't see two boats side by side on radar ??
Thank God know one was killed.

Fisherwoman
08-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Thanks Capesams' we will have to check into that!!!

Striper1 I could see when I got to the river, there was a tremedous amount of lightning coming down and I just wanted to get her back to the dock and get everyone safely off the water.

Are you kidding me, all those ferry boats worry about is being at the dock on time, they blow by people all the time, not surprised that this happened, glad everybody is OK. They all most run us down in the fog in our old boat a couple of years back.