View Full Version : you guys in RI still catching tuna ?

vineyardblues
08-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Went out yesterday and found zerro "capecod"
We did get some nice bass and seen a 58 incher taken for the grill.
Found out later on that we went to the wrong spot and was told they are killing them off the cape :) 30-125lbs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone been out in Ma waters?

VB

capesams
08-20-2005, 04:07 PM
out my back door,,,guy got 6 boated thursday.

Uncle Matt
08-20-2005, 04:28 PM
VB you actually fish? I thought you just talked the sport but never participated. I'm amazed :biglaugh:

You should of told me you wanted to go out looking for sbft. I've spent the last few weeks sitting at home with my thumb where the sun don't shine because I didn't want to go out solo.

Check your pm's old man. :chatter

vineyardblues
08-20-2005, 04:49 PM
Steve is on the da money kinda ...lol
You got you boat fixed yet steve? I was shocked at the amount of seals on the the flats on Monomoy.. NEVER have I seen so many on that side of the island before. Also zerro bass in the flats just seals. Yesterday was a great day zerro tuna , but had fun.
Matt check your pm u snicker freak

capesams
08-20-2005, 04:59 PM
boats done..waitin on the motor.

this guy's been doin reel well. hooked him up with the owner of the job we're on..going to show him the rope's as to catchin them up.

seals killed one of my best spot's down there.

Pt.JudeJoe
08-20-2005, 05:27 PM
:eek: YOU PUT A 58 IN STRIPER ON THE GRILL!!!? I'd be driving that bad boy to the taxidermy man.

Pete_G
08-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Charlie has left the building in RI... at least inshore.

He's back out where he belongs.

striprman
08-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Wouldn't a "healthy" 58" bass be 90 -100 pounds ?

Ya, I wouldn't keep it for the bbq

That would be hung up over the bar.

125 pounds, hmm, must have been the one that got away (from me), I'd swear it was at least 125 pounds, maybe more.

Bliz
08-20-2005, 07:46 PM
I've heard the Tuna bite is slowing down...

But wait...

Flaptail
08-20-2005, 08:49 PM
:usd: Just got in from spending the day watching about a dozen whales bubble feed and breach all around us as we trolled about twelve miles esat of Chatham. It was really hatefull this am as we cleared the channel in 4 to 8's and then bounced over 6 to 8's and an occasional ten hoing east. My two shipmates both got sea sick :yak: . They were game though and hung in there. I was merciless and just munched away to my hearts content in front of them. We saw several fish taken but none obliged our green machines or hex heads. It was really rough and we came in to bass fih for a while just off the beach and I tagged 4 good ones from 20 t0 25lbs on my old 2 oz. chute and dropped two more before the old fog factory kicked back into gear and I had to go with the electronics to get back into the Big C. Though we saw a few on Crab everyone that seemed to be in the know hung around for a while then went further east or south looking for the "Promised Land". I am not done with these fish and will try again later this week. I think they like sunshine and a little flatter conditions, at least I know my buds do. :rotfl:

Fisherwoman
08-21-2005, 11:37 AM
The Tuna bite on the N shore was slow this week, not many showing, but the E wind for a few days has chilled the water a bit, should be better next week after this front passes. :pop:

Clammer
08-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Albies in Narragansett Bay === if ya wanna run & gun :eek5:

Moses
08-21-2005, 07:33 PM
:usd: Just got in from spending the day watching about a dozen whales bubble feed and breach all around us as we trolled about twelve miles esat of Chatham. It was really hatefull this am as we cleared the channel in 4 to 8's and then bounced over 6 to 8's and an occasional ten hoing east. My two shipmates both got sea sick :yak: . They were game though and hung in there. I was merciless and just munched away to my hearts content in front of them. We saw several fish taken but none obliged our green machines or hex heads. It was really rough and we came in to bass fih for a while just off the beach and I tagged 4 good ones from 20 t0 25lbs on my old 2 oz. chute and dropped two more before the old fog factory kicked back into gear and I had to go with the electronics to get back into the Big C. Though we saw a few on Crab everyone that seemed to be in the know hung around for a while then went further east or south looking for the "Promised Land". I am not done with these fish and will try again later this week. I think they like sunshine and a little flatter conditions, at least I know my buds do. :rotfl:

Sounds like we were in the same area Steve. Those seas were pretty brutal for me at least, my two brothers didn't seem to mind as much. I took some good pics and videos of those whales out there, quite a site to see. The tuna we landed slammed a squid bar trolling on the near side of Crab, not where most other boats were trolling. First for me and my brothers.