View Full Version : Bad News For Me .....

STEVE IN MASS
01-31-2002, 01:30 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to let ya know that if I am absent for awhile, it's cause I got cut off from my Internet........got laid off this morning effective 10:30 am after 17 years at the same place. So much for senority.

Anyway, am posting this from the library. Hope to get hooked up at home sometime next week.

In the meantime, if you have my old e-mail address, trash it, it is gone. Don't fret, I'm quite resourceful and will make due.....got a good severence package, just wish it were May instead of January, man could I do some fishing :).

I'll check in once a day or so from the library until I get hooked up. See ya...........

So anybody got a job for a versatile Chemical Engineer within an hour of the coast? ;)

Fish_Eye
01-31-2002, 01:58 PM
Steve,

Sorry to hear you lost your job. I spent a summer as a lab tech and chemical mixer at Peterson-Puritan Aerosol Co and several months after I left, the place blew up and killed several of the people I use to work with. Keep the faith -- everything happens for a reason.

Seize the day. Go Fishing!

Mike

Got Stripers
01-31-2002, 03:24 PM
That's too bad Steve, I'll keep you in mind since you now have some time on your hands, I'll be fishing all winter. Pop me an email when you can and give me your home phone, hang in there.

Slipknot
01-31-2002, 03:54 PM
Steve, sorry to hear that. That is a tough one. I know that you just were close to something like that with your wife recently , no.

Good luck with the hunt for another job. I'll be speaking to you soon.

JohnR
01-31-2002, 04:18 PM
Sorry to hear that Steve - keep the faith and another position will come in due time...

Saltheart
01-31-2002, 05:34 PM
Sorry about the job lose Steve. Hope you get a new job soon.

STEVE IN MASS
02-01-2002, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the support, guys. Fish-Eye, that is scary!!!!

Anyway, it'll give me a chance to catch up on some things around the house. Then I'll probably find atemp job doing something crazy.......or related to fishing. :)

GS - I'll pm you....

schoolie monster
02-01-2002, 02:55 PM
Steve, unfortunately, these things sometimes happen. It will work out for the better. Seriously, take this opportunity to think of something you'd really love to try, but probably never would have if you'd stayed with the company.

I was laid off the week I returned from my honeymoon. Talk about a letdown. It was pretty depressing, but I got a new job in a little over 3 weeks. Now that job sucked, but it put me into the position to change my whole career without going thru extensive schooling or anything. I just got lucky and was in the right place/right time and met the right people and now I'm as happy as I've ever been.

Good luck and you're probably better off its not fishing season... you might have fallen into the habit of fishing everyday and never go back.

chris L
02-01-2002, 03:44 PM
sorry Steve ! too bad its not May . I want to retire from working !