View Full Version : Gas Prices in Iraq

Homerun04
09-02-2005, 03:06 PM
How do you folks feel about this little bit of news....?? Gas in Iraq is now at an all-time high of $0.05 a gallon.......that's right.....5 cents per gallon.......

http://wjz.com/seenon/local_story_224095326.html

The US citizens are getting fleeced once again......

ThrowingTimber
09-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Put this in perspective for me..... How much for a lap dance???? :confused: :huh:

likwid
09-02-2005, 04:15 PM
We live in the US, not Iraq, who cares?

Homerun04
09-02-2005, 04:28 PM
We live in the US, not Iraq, who cares? You don't get it. The US citizen is subsidizing the rest of the world......now tell me you don't care.......

Nebe
09-02-2005, 04:46 PM
its THEIR oil!!!!!!!! not our oil.

Raven
09-02-2005, 04:53 PM
how is Iraq gonna repay us for all those nice 500 pound bombs we dropped ...

i think we'll take payment in gas please. :musc:

CJ Johnson
09-02-2005, 04:53 PM
No one in Iraq owns a car . that's why it so cheap. People in America own at least 3 cars . That why we pay so much for gas. If you want gas prices to drop tell all your friend and neighbors to buy a donkey and a cart. If every one does it the price of gas will drop here to. :rotf3:

Homerun04
09-02-2005, 04:55 PM
its THEIR oil!!!!!!!! not our oil. Agreed......but the only way they can afford to sell it to their citizens at such low prices is if they sell it at such exhorbitant high prices to everyone else.......view this in economic terms and not political terms....view the entire world as one market....the answer obviously is to not buy their oil from them. Do you feel okay paying such high prices knowing you are getting fleeced and being taken advantage of? Are you okay with the major drug companies in the US charging you 400% - 1,000% more for your prescription drug then the price they sell those drugs for an every other country in the world?

Many companies/industries sell their products to the US consumer at unfairly high prices compared to their other customers (read countries). Is this fair? IMO -- all it does is keep adding to the high rise in cost of living in the USA.

Let's use the same logic on US exports and charge less to US citizens for the products we make here then when we ship them overseas.......oh yeah, we don't have any of those products anymore given we pissed away the manufacturing market, the high tech market, the textile market.........

Homerun04
09-02-2005, 05:06 PM
No one in Iraq owns a car . that's why it so cheap. False....the single largest private automobile ownership growth rate over the last two years has been....you guessed it....IRAQ......

"Meanwhile, the end of UN sanctions and the CPA's abolition of taxes have in effect transformed Iraq into a vast duty-free zone, opening the floodgates to
a stream of imports of energy-intensive consumer goods at prices well below inflated pre-war levels. According to one estimate, some 300,000 to 450,000 second-hand automobiles have been imported into Iraq since the war from dealerships as far away as the United Arab Emirates. Cheap consumer
durable imports, including air conditioners, freezers, washing machines and televisions, have met robust pent-up demand. Problems with electricity supplies have boosted imports of power generators, and thus diesel demand."

http://omrpublic.iea.org/omrarchive/13nov03full.pdf
International Energy Association - 11/03 Monthy Report......the trends have only continued - and accelerated -- since then.....

fishaholic18
09-03-2005, 09:23 AM
its THEIR oil!!!!!!!! not our oil.
Should be ours! :skulz:

Backbeach Jake
09-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Put this in perspective for me..... How much for a lap dance???? :confused: :huh:
:hee: :rotfl: Those big 'ol burkas and veils turn you on too?

ThrowingTimber
09-03-2005, 01:34 PM
:topic: How much for a lapdance? And how many songs?? Is there room to negotiate? Or are the hoes enterprisin'?? Put this in perspective for me please!!! :smokin: