View Full Version : Best portable grill

basswipe
09-02-2005, 05:31 PM
I'm gonna be up in NH between the 16-19 for the race and want a good grill.We'll be driving the Corolla as my truck is no longer capable.A portable is a must.

I have a nice Weber charcoal but I really want gas.What do you guys have or prefer?

Karl F
09-02-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm gonna be up in NH between the 16-19 for the race and want a good grill.We'll be driving the Corolla as my truck is no longer capable.A portable is a must.

I have a nice Weber charcoal but I really want gas.What do you guys have or prefer?

I absolutely LOVE, my Weber Q :kewl:

http://www.webergrills.com/products/q.htm

milo
09-02-2005, 05:47 PM
wally world carries one by coleman,around 45 bugs,but it looks solid ,...got one for fathers day and am happy so far,just store it in dry place so the burner doesn't rot out

ktugboat42
09-03-2005, 01:42 AM
I've had the grill to go for 5 or 6 years now. We use it on the beach and leave it out during the winter and it still works great. The only negative is the non-stick is sticky now.

basswipe
09-03-2005, 08:40 AM
Karl it didn't even occur to me to look at weber.com to even see if they made one.

The wallyworld here in Middletown had a coleman but it just wasn't big enough.
What I will buy there is a coleman stove for steaming corn and the like.They also had a sunbeam gas grill but it seamed kinda cheezy but it doesn't have to last forever.

Raven
09-04-2005, 05:30 PM
a cast iron hibachi grill because its perfect for wood charcoal
and its extremely portable...small ,perfect cooking for two people.

The Iceman 6
09-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Yeah Weber, top shelf.....

Fishpart
09-07-2005, 01:58 PM
I have a small propane Webber. 12 years old, only gets limited use now but works nice on the small propane tanks....

ThrowingTimber
09-07-2005, 03:08 PM
I have 2 small webbers that I've had forever! They've come in handy on camping trips and most weekends I toss it in the back of the truck just in case. They last a good while as long as you clean em up every once in awhile, pia to light in a gale though :hihi:

basswipe
09-07-2005, 03:41 PM
I went with the cheezy Sunbeam from wallyworld.Cooked on it last night...good
enough for now.If I spend the dough on the Weber I'd be cutting WAY to deep into my drinkin' money!

Bernzy
09-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Weber! The new ones have an electronic ignition. The downside is the distance between the cover and the cooking grid.It's good for cooking dogs, burgers, chicken breasts etc.

Even better is the Keg a Que :claps:
http://www.kegaque.com/kegaque.html

I've slow cooked a 10lb. Boston butt ,whole chickens and a rib roast in mine. The downside is that it is about the size of a quarter keg of beer :cheers:

Bernzy

5/0
09-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Basswipe
The wife & I bought a Colman "Road Trip" grill about four seasons ago we bring it on every camping trip,wich is about 5 trips a year,the electronic ignition/starter on both burners still works,the Teflon coating on the grills is great shape over all this thing kicks a$$.It comes as a two pice set 1 is a collapsible leg assembly w/ two side trys & of course a grill.The grill has a has a 2 pice grill section,1 side is a grill for flame broil & the other is a griddle.You use the 1LB. propane cans or you can also buy the optional 5' low pressure hose for the 17LB tanks.It's pretty small when packed up,my guess it's about 10"high and 33-36" long.
It's good from pancakes to striped bass I used it this past weekend for some striper,bacon,zucchini & shrimp!

it cost about 150.00 I highly recomend one if you do alot of camping or tailgating.IM a strong beliver that ya get what ya pay for & if you buy this yur getting quality.

5/0

basswipe
09-08-2005, 04:15 PM
5/0 nice pic.Food looks good and a Heiny on the side!