View Full Version : What is mojo?

basswipe
09-03-2005, 12:45 AM
I'm not sure what it exactly means but I got an idea after tonight.

Anyhoo I went out around 7pm and as it was getting dark I immediately hooked into two very large bluefish(12-15lbs).What a blast to have the drag moving like that.Sorry Clamma but when they that big...THEY FUN!!!.

Well about 5 casts later SNAP my blurple Mambo is donated to the gods.I'm a
little pissed because this plug has caught me a load of fish this year but no big deal its not an expensive plug.Two hours go by with nothing on its twin sister.I say to myself one more cast and as I'm reeling in I feel another clump of weed so I start jerking the rod in hopes of dropping the chunk.The chunk didn't come off and I'm glad it didn't...it was my lost plug!

I put THAT plug back on and on the very next cast I caught a bass and until about 1am I caught a bass on almost every single cast.None were legal keeper size but I've also never ever caught that many bass in one night.

Is that what mojo is?

Slingah
09-03-2005, 01:15 AM
that IS mojo...4 sure :humpty:

PurpelNoon
09-03-2005, 06:37 AM
I lost the same tin twice in one day and both times my partner found both while casting.

afterhours
09-03-2005, 08:05 AM
plug has mojo (it caught many fish).....you experienced that karma thing (the gods delivered your plug back to you) :humpty: i think.......

basswipe
09-03-2005, 08:31 AM
I've sat and thought about it for awhile.A floating plug on a windy night in an outgoing moving tide.Its amazing that I hooked it right through one of the split rings.I guess I should try not to think about it to hard.

piemma
09-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Same thing happened to me on the Block many years ago on a frosty cold Nov night. I was fishing with 2 friends on the SW Point. Bobby lost a pink needle that his father gave him. About an hour later I hook something and reel it in. Yep, Bobby's Pink Needle right through the split ring.

Clammer
09-03-2005, 08:51 AM
BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOFISH suck at any size //

I caught one last night // It will never swim again :wid:

basswipe
09-03-2005, 08:54 AM
BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOFISH suck at any size //

I caught one last night // It will never swim again :wid:

That's the response we've all come to know and love. :hihi:

BigFish
09-04-2005, 06:58 AM
"Mojo" is when I want more coffee! :laugha: May I have some mo jo please? :gu: