View Full Version : I Have A Dream......

BigFish
09-03-2005, 07:14 AM
That the good Reverend Jesse Jackson drop dead right away if not sooner! Talk about a racial so-and-so! I would like to drop kick his keester from NO to Buffalo! :lossinit:

afterhours
09-03-2005, 07:32 AM
talk about a muck stirring sob. find him a stage anywhere in the world and he's there spewing his crap! never worked, wears $2500 suits, unfaithful to wife, ultra self promoter. i'd love to see BF kick his butt from NO to buffalo!

Squid kids Dad
09-03-2005, 08:17 AM
I'm with ya BF....At least last night while on with Howdy Dooody (Ted Koppel),
Ted finally said "sorry Rev. Jackson we are out of time""..He was still freaking rantin on..DUMB ASS!!! :nailem:

Swimmer
09-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Jackson, Sharpton, and every ratings mongering newsperson and everyone else who thinks its a racist timed response.

Homerun04
09-03-2005, 02:34 PM
'Prejudice and hate only spawn prejudice and hate"............Mr. Jackson might want to learn this.....not trying to be disrespectful, but I do not recognize his Reverendness -- as I do not belong to his church.

As an aside, I do not think a case can be made we were slow because they were black, but I am suspicious that we might have been slow because they were poor.

Peter Lajoie
09-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Take a number Larry :nailem:

BigFish
09-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Peter....you take the number...if you want him before me you will have to kick my keester first....I hi-hosied his racist butt! :bl:

Squid kids Dad
09-03-2005, 05:25 PM
:nailem: Got your back Larry...

Skip N
09-03-2005, 10:15 PM
I'm with you guys...all these guys do is go out and look for anyhting that could be racist and then have a field day. They are shameful.

CJ Johnson
09-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Jackson, Sharpton, and every ratings mongering newsperson and everyone else who thinks its a racist timed response.

These guys are capitalizing on our current social trend "everybody's a victom of something" they see poor people who happen to be a majority of black and twist it to a racist point of view. They want to say its because the victoms were black that america does not care about them. The fact is they were poor and that is why they are victoms of the storm. They chose to believe that someone else was going to save their butts and gave up their self reliance for goverment support.

The question you need to asks yourself before blaming or supporting someone is "If it was you in those people shoes what would you have done?"

I have read survivalist stories and all the experts agree that those who chose to help themselves have a better survival rate than those who choose to wait for help to arrive.

To answer my own question if it was me I would have left before the storm regardless of resource because poor is poor wether it be in a devastated city or a highway far away.

STRIPER77
09-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Moderators Please----Shut down New Orleans topics before we all say what we feel---and nowadays that could lead to problems. :sick:

afterhours
09-04-2005, 07:10 PM
:huh:

Diamond Tackle
09-06-2005, 11:06 AM
U think hes bad on National TV, you should catch a tape of him preaching to "his people", racist is the understatement of the year. You would not be able to understand a word of it either. He actually tones it down on TV if you can believe that.

Raven
10-10-2005, 03:35 PM
DIE JJ die..... hurrry up and die...
and spit out all those marbles in your mouth too

seabass
10-10-2005, 05:26 PM
All politicians blow!!! anyone want to donate to the united caucasion college fund ?

spence
10-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Like Him or hate Him Jackson is one of the few who has stood up for minorities and called for change against public resistance. His work has gained Him numerous awards including the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

He may sound like a nutcase to you at times, but remember...A) you're not His audience and B) the squeaky wheel gets the grease :hf1:

-spence

hunan
10-11-2005, 01:48 PM
B) the squeaky wheel gets the grease :hf1: i thought it was also the first one to get changed!

Uncle Matt
10-11-2005, 05:33 PM
That's funny, I want to do the same thing with a certain moderator from the "other site!" MUNG MUNG MUNG MUNG.

Arno
10-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Spence said, quote: "Like Him or hate Him Jackson is one of the few who has stood up for minorities..."

Yes, he has stood up for minorities ONLY when it has suited his purpose - and has offered the chance for the limelight. The man excels in self-promotion and making money by means of his Rainbow Coalition. (Now the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition.)

quote: "His work has gained Him numerous awards including the Presidential Medal of Freedom."

One word: "Tokenism."

quote: "He may sound like a nutcase to you at times, but remember...A) you're not His audience..."

But we ARE his target audience. You don't get offerings by addressing poor folks. They're usually tapped out. Quite naturally, he goes after the money.

quote: "...and B) the squeaky wheel gets the grease"

A somewhat dangerous analogy, sir.

PS: 'Can't help but noticing your use of the capital "H" when typing "Him." It suggests that he is a some sort of deity. I assure you, sir, he is not.

Raven
10-12-2005, 11:03 AM
a piece of nicorette gum stuck on the bottom of a deity's shoe.

you didnt know you stepped on it and it's very difficult to remove.

spence
10-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Arno, you're completly missing the point. It's not about how admirable Jackson is, but the reality of his impact...

-spence

afterhours
10-12-2005, 07:16 PM
impact on whom?

BigFish
10-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Impact is the word I am looking for...I wish a blunt object would impact with JJ's skull thus rendering him more useless than he is now! :kewl:

spence
10-12-2005, 09:45 PM
impact on whom?
On everyone...

I'm not a big Jackson fan mind you, but he does bring attention to causes that some in this country...those that probably don't frequent this board all that much...do pay attention to.

To write him off as a nut wouldn't do justice to the potential millions (of voters mind you) who do give him the benefit of doubt.

Now afterhours, can we talk about the Jr. Spooksters in "offwhite"? It's a slayer :rtfm:

-spence

Arno
10-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Swimmer mentioned the name of Al Sharpton. Everything you need to know about Sharpton can be summed up in his actions in the Tawana Brawley cluster-fluck. This site (below) gives a brief look at the incident. By means of his involvement, Sharpton showed himself to be the racist he really is. And it's all part of the baggage he carries to this day.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2087557/

spence
10-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Clearly a mark on an imperfect record, but to be honest I sort of like the Guy.

He's articulate and deadly earnest...something we don't see that often from the usual suspects...

-spence

Arno
10-12-2005, 10:23 PM
spence - 'just read your post above mine. <edit: the one that begins "on everyone"> First, please understand that I am not trying to be argumentative. It's only that I don't share your somewhat positive feelings about the good Reverend - or his questionable role in our society on whole. And I, for one, never considered him a "nut", as you say. What I do say, however, is that he's a living breathing bona-fide hypocrite. And that's for starters.

Now if some people choose to admire the man, that's fine by me. Let them admire away. But personally, I don't understand why more people of his race don't follow the advice of Bill Cosby, for example. The man makes tons of sense, yet he's often roundly criticized by his own people. Makes no sense.

We live in an age of information. With that in mind, all I suggest is that anyone who wants to learn of Mr. Jackson's past activities, all they need to do is run a search. It's all just a few clicks away.