View Full Version : Everything will be fine..Sean Penn to the rescue!

Skip N
09-05-2005, 11:28 AM
No need to worry about the N.O. situation anymore as Sean Penn has arrived! Yep the Saddam loving fellow is out in a boat and rescuing people as we speak. And of course ripping the feds but that's nothing new for ole' Sean. Why does the media continue to cover this guy like he's some expert? :rollem:

spence
09-05-2005, 12:06 PM
Jesus Skip, but do you have to always see the negative in everybody?

Granted he's a major kook, but I'd rather have celebs helping out than sipping champagne and counting their Bentley's.

Penn is passionate about what he does, I really don't believe his motivation is self-interest.

-spence

Squid kids Dad
09-05-2005, 12:40 PM
:lurk:

tynan19
09-06-2005, 10:09 PM

Penn is passionate about what he does, I really don't believe his motivation is self-interest.

-spence

2nd page of the Herald shows this freakin joker launching a little skiff full of his personal entourage and "Personal Photographer". The only doing this to make himself look good, celeb forgot to put the plug in in the boat. He had to get out and wade. :lasso:

Excerpt: With the boat loaded with members of Penn's entourage, including a personal photographer, one bystander taunted the actor: "How are you going to get any people in that thing?"

Skip N
09-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Thats what annoyed me...I knew it was all PR...now i know it was after reading that. One of the news channels had a pic of him using a plastic cup to bail water from the boat! Maybe we should leave the search and rescue to the trained folks. Not an actor and his personal photographer!

BigBo
09-07-2005, 12:22 AM
Sean Penn is a tool!

BigFish
09-07-2005, 06:22 AM
He should have been bailing with Bacarat! ;)

afterhours
09-07-2005, 06:30 AM
Sean Penn is a tool!
:humpty:

RIROCKHOUND
09-07-2005, 07:13 AM
I'd have to agree that I think Penn is a bit of a jack-@ss, but Spence is right he is TRYING to do something, however self serving it may or may not be...
The today show has been following Harry Conick jr. around and ESPN has been interviewing the Manning Bro's.. my sense is they were/are native sons and would be doing what they were doing regardless... maybe Sean Penn is the same way and others (media) are forcing the rest on them...
I'd rather have him down there then Kanye West spouting off

The Dad Fisherman
09-07-2005, 07:37 AM
Kanye West is a Tool

Saltheart
09-07-2005, 08:11 AM
Him , and people like him (as in not qualified to be out there) cause more problems than they solve. he should have stayed home and sent a bigger check!

Raven
09-07-2005, 08:45 AM
the guy thinks he's popeye or sombody lol

Skip N
09-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Kanye and Sean are both tools...they need a good kick in the arse

Nebe
09-07-2005, 09:17 AM

Granted he's a major kook, but I'd rather have celebs helping out than sipping champagne and counting their Bentley's.

-spence

wow for once i totally disagree with you.

NIB
09-07-2005, 10:13 AM
I thought I heard that his boat had a hole in it an he spent most of his time baillin with a cup.
I also heard that w's mom said about the refugee's that there not so bad alot of these people didn'y have it this good before the storm.or something to that effect.can u believe it.
Did u really expect a administration electd by the bible belt to act fast to a disaster in a city that its main income is by the means of decadence.I bet alot of the pres. supporters believe that they had it commin to them.
Tower of Babel.
I can hear the sermons now....
Repent...

outfished
09-07-2005, 10:42 AM
All that Hollywood crap, I'm surprised some fancy director isn't there with a crew filming the next disaster movie for HBO.

Swimmer
09-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Skipn 1-Spence 0 on this one......How shallow could he possibly be having not only his personel photog with him but one or two paid employees also. He's more of a problem than he is part of the solution, just like Kanye West. Now if West was in the boat with him.

Did you hear that three people contracted a disease from the filty water and have died?

Jimbo
09-07-2005, 12:16 PM
This is a tough one to call, but I sort of lean toward Spence's side. I don't like his politics or his mouth. Let's face it, there's nothing I like about Sean Penn except maybe (definitely) his wife. But if my family was sharing attic space and hadn't seen another soul, as the black water's rising and getting more toxic, and everyone's eyeing the cat as the next meal since we hadn't had food or water in a week, I wouldn't care less if it was Sean Penn, Sean Combs or Sean Young so long as it looked like I was going to survive. If the guy's just drawing publicity to himself and actually doing a little good and not getting in the way of more organized rescue attempts, I can't picture anyone saying, "Oh wait a second, you're Sean Penn. Uhhhhh sorry, but I think I'll wait for the next celebrity to come along and rescue me. C'mon kids get back out of the boat and give those water bottles back. Maybe Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon will be by in their Donzi soon."

Nebe
09-07-2005, 12:24 PM
This is a tough one to call, but I sort of lean toward Spence's side. I don't like his politics or his mouth. Let's face it, there's nothing I like about Sean Penn except maybe (definitely) his wife. But if my family was sharing attic space and hadn't seen another soul, as the black water's rising and getting more toxic, and everyone's eyeing the cat as the next meal since we hadn't had food or water in a week, I wouldn't care less if it was Sean Penn, Sean Combs or Sean Young so long as it looked like I was going to survive. If the guy's just drawing publicity to himself and actually doing a little good and not getting in the way of more organized rescue attempts, I can't picture anyone saying, "Oh wait a second, you're Sean Penn. Uhhhhh sorry, but I think I'll wait for the next celebrity to come along and rescue me. C'mon kids get back out of the boat and give those water bottles back. Maybe Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon will be by in their Donzi soon."

yeah but if he came to rescue you he would only be using you to rescue his career :tm:

Jimbo
09-07-2005, 12:36 PM
I don't know if there's any hope of his career being rescued. I haven't even seen him on the news, but anyone who saw him on his brief appearance on Two and A Half Men would have to agree he's become a too hideous looking for any sort of comeback.