View Full Version : Cape Cod Launch/Transient Slips

Bill-C
08-14-2000, 07:48 PM
I'm looking for some advice on places I can launch a 24' boat somewhare on the cape, I would prefer to have the launch site past Monomoy as you drive towards Race Point. Also, if possible I would like a transient slip for the same boat. I am looking for info for the month of September. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JeffH
08-14-2000, 09:31 PM
I would call Ryder's Cove in Chatham, when I inquired about slips they said they always had a few. They are located on Pleasant Bay and it's a 15 minute run to the Chatham Break and the back beaches. I don't think you will have any problems finding a slip in September.

Jenn
08-14-2000, 10:29 PM
Biil, you could try Pamet Harbor. It has been a few years since I have been there, though. Used to go there with my father about ten years ago. I remember it could be tricky if you did not hit it at high tide, so you may want to ask around. I do know they dredged about three or four years ago.

JohnR
08-15-2000, 11:37 AM
Bill, try to get into Pleasant Bay or Stage Harbor as that will put you closest to Monomoy and easiest up the beach...

capecodder
08-18-2000, 12:51 PM
Bill,
If you want to be close to Race Point, your best bet is the Pamet River in Truro.It has some accessability issues around low tide but they have a ramp there and its a short run to the Race. Wellfleet is another option, but a bit further. Its a much bigger harbor, but also has some low tide issues. Call(508) 349-0320 for Wellfleet info. On the outside I would think Nauset inlet is the only break between Chatham and PTown. I don't know if there is a ramp there or not. Provincetown is also a possibility but parking there will be difficult.