View Full Version : Keeping boat on trailer at marina

RIJIMMY
09-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Do marinas allow you to keep a boat stored on a trailer rather than a slip? Assuming you can launch from their ramp whenever you want.
I am thnking of getting a small boat for next year but do not want to trailer back and forth to the water. Any guess on how much they charge? Can you use their water to flush?
As always, any help is appreciated.

RIROCKHOUND
09-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Yeah the marina along the access road to charlestown beach does that; I think they even launch it for you if you call first..
Others may do the same or similar...

capesams
09-06-2005, 12:08 PM
call first...a friend of mine that has his boat in a slip at this one yard,,then he got a trailer to put his boat in /in the spring and haul in the fall instead of the yard doing it....then he got a bill from the same yard for launching and hauling out...he said wtf,,I used my own trailer to do it,,yard said lost money on dumping/hauling so we
are changing you a ramp fee....needless to say he's no long there.

MakoMike
09-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Do marinas allow you to keep a boat stored on a trailer rather than a slip? Assuming you can launch from their ramp whenever you want.
I am thnking of getting a small boat for next year but do not want to trailer back and forth to the water. Any guess on how much they charge? Can you use their water to flush?
As always, any help is appreciated.

I don't know what they charge but the place where I keep my boat, Stone Cove Marina in wakefield does it. Call them to find out what it costs.

RIROCKHOUND
09-06-2005, 03:03 PM
RIJ;
One other option is a self storage place near a marina.. might be cheaper :huh:

seabass
09-06-2005, 06:42 PM
I stay on a rack, it,s awesome, just call 10 minutes before I get there and its tied up on the dock. No need to paint the bottom, no need to trailer, just comr back, wash down, they put it up in the rack ( 30' high is very safe) and it's cheaper (much) than a slip!

gf2020
09-07-2005, 03:03 PM
I keep my boat on the trailer at Ferry Landing Marine in Newburyport. There is a private ramp that is for seasonal customers only, boat washdown facilities, bathroom with shower, etc.

It's a little pricey at $900 for the season, May 15 - October 15, but it beats dealing with the yahoos at the public ramps and my wife doesn't have to look at the boat in the yard for 5 months so she is OK with the expense.

NEMS
09-07-2005, 09:09 PM
I store it at a storage yard five minutes from the ramp.
It's cheeper than a morring or a slip.
$ 125.00/month with a storage closet to store all my gear and 24 hour access.