View Full Version : Basic fishing Shack at Mv Derby has October space left

BasicPatrick
09-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Basic MV Fishing Shack

What: This is an opportunity for members of this board to go to Marthas Vineyard and stay in a house of fishermen for a reasonable price. You can fish by your self or with others coming to the house. Basic food is included (maybe a bit better than Basic).

Dates: Week 1 Saturday Oct 1 thru Saturday Oct 8
Week 2 Saturday Oct 8 thru Thursday Oct 13
(Week 2 only if there is enough interest)

The House: I have reserved a house in a central location no matter where you are going on the island, it is 5 minutes from #^&#^&#^&#^&’s Bait & Tackle in Oak Bluffs, 7 minutes from Larry’s Bait & Tackle and 15 minutes from Derby HQ, both in Edgartown. Everyone gets a bed or a pullout couch to themselves. In some cases there are two beds per bedroom, thus you will share a bedroom with someone else. Bedroom assignments are made on a first paid first assigned basis. When you pay you get your choice of what is open. There are 2 full baths, a good sized living room, kitchen, cable tv, cd player, etc, etc

Cost: $350 per week (Saturday 12 noon –Saturday 12 noon) and/or $50 per day (12 noon -12 noon).

Who is coming/Available Bed Space
There are more coming but the space is open until space is paid

Week 1
Patrick aka Basic Patrick
Capt. Alan
Chris aka Reel Extacy
Ronnie (BP's brother)
3 beds still open

Week 2
Patrick aka Basic Patrick
Capt Alan
Mike aka Springtides
5 Beds Open

Transportation: Everyone attending is responsible for their own transportation, both to and from the Island, and while on the island. I encourage people to hook up and share ferry and fuel costs. I will assist in facilitating this when I can but this is your responsibility.

Beach Stickers: Non Resident Stickers have dramatically increased in the last two years (Wasque). This year the fee is $200 with a small discount if you are a member of the Trustees of Reservations. I do not have the price for the point but I also need to let you know that no sticker is needed for South Beach Proper no matter who tells you different. From Right fork/after Katama no sticker is needed. Once again I encourage people to team up and share costs. I will help facilitate if possible. I also want to point out that there is plenty of and I mean plenty of access without a sticker. I will share most of my access info with those who are in the house.

Boat Fishing: One of the persons already coming is a charter captain and is bringing his 2005 21’ Contender (really a 23). He is willing to take people out that are interested in sharing costs (your end is $100 per day).

Food: A Basic Food supply is provided as part of your cost. Through some connections from a couple of the guys coming so far we have been increasing both the quality and amount of food provided & are going a bit beyond basic. In the case that we need to get more grub we will just share the costs after the food budget runs out. A sample list of what is provided follws:

Coffee, Milk and Sugar
Cereal, Eggs, Bacon, Butter, and Bread
Peanut Butter, Fluff
Hot Dogs, Rolls, Mustard, Katsup, Relish
Sausages, Peppers and Onions
Burgers and Buns
Steak tips
1 (maybe 2) bushels of steamers
Coke, Diet Coke and Bottled Water
Chips and Snacks

The house is filling up so if you are interested please pm or e-mail me so that I can give you my number.

Patrick Paquette
aka Basic Patrick

BasicPatrick

lurch
09-08-2005, 12:44 AM
Is it possible to rent the spot for the weekend like from thursday-monday?

Fish On
09-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Wow! How awesome is that! If I weren't all set for accomodations I'd take you up on it. That's mighty nice of you Basic to lay that all out and top it with an open invitation. My hat's off to you.

Hope to see you at the weigh station with a cow or at Jim's BBQ. If anyone makes a treck to squibby I'd love to join up. Just give me a holla through the board.

BasicPatrick
09-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Lurch,

Short answer...yes. a few guys are coming for two or three days
Your cost would be $50 per day (12noon-12 noon)
The only drawback is tht you get last available bed space as it is only fair to let the guys coming for a whole week pick first...

Fish On,
Thanks for the compliment but I get benefits also...I get to meet good guys for the most part...for putting it together I get my stay a bit cheaper

Springtides
09-10-2005, 11:00 AM
Any news on the second week?

lurch
09-10-2005, 02:06 PM
I will only be able to make the second week (a few days anyway) as well...if the finances work out. keep us updated on the second week.

BasicPatrick
09-12-2005, 07:16 AM
Update posted on original post

Springtides & Lurch...Pm Sent

reelecstasy
09-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Vineyard Haven big boy............Sunday :ss:

Slingah
09-29-2005, 05:28 PM
Patrick check your pms

JohnR
09-29-2005, 08:15 PM