View Full Version : Rhody Ponds

Billybob
02-05-2002, 01:23 PM
Hey guys, who knows about these Rhody ponds.I'm looking through places to rent for a week in the summer and I see a few that are on Ninigret Pond or Green Hill pond. Do these ponds dump out into the ocean, can you get in there with a 23' center console ? Thanks.
Bill

Clammer
02-05-2002, 05:46 PM
Yep,---slowly //////////

Saltheart
02-06-2002, 04:18 PM
You would be better off right on Ninigret.As far as I know the only way out of GHP is through Ninigret to the Breachway. Going from Green Hill Pond to Ninigret to get to the breachway and out onto the ocean could be a PITA with a 23 footer.

Scotch Bonnet
02-12-2002, 07:36 PM
you want to be on ninigret-you wont make it under the bridge where green hill pond connects to ninigret pond. ninigret has a breachway(Charlestown Breachway) that will get you out to the ocean. Also you will be 15 min. to Watch Hill(west) and 15min to Point Judith(east) by car and both have excellent ramps and even better fishing,not that Charlestown Beach is bad.In june anywhere in RI is good. the Watch Hill reefs are on fire july and august,same at Block Island. this may be a little early but the month of may has a WORM HATCH in ninigret pond that will blow you away. acres of bass feeding on sand worms-its my favorite time of the season. anyway Charlestown Beach is beautiful as is the pond and you wont regret spending your vacation here. I can go on and on about my town -if you need anymore info let me know.also ,a friend of mine is a great charter capt if you want to go that route. GOOD LUCK!

JohnR
02-13-2002, 07:27 AM
awwwww - worm hatch!!!!!

Clammer
02-13-2002, 09:33 AM
John, if things straighten out this May we will go after them on purpose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Know how to use a flyrod ??????????????????:happy: :happy: :happy: