View Full Version : Awesome Truro Vacation

capecodder
09-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Spent last week at the family cottage in N. Truro with the family. Spectacular weather. For the first time, my 4 yr old really enjoyed the boat and fishing. We had three trips of about 2 hrs each to L. Point and Wood End resulting in three keeper bass (one each trip) of 28, 18, and 15 lbs and numerous 7-9lb blues. He chose the jigs and checked out the stomach contents of the bass... mostly crabs.

I think the high point was the dolphin show we watched on the way back on Saturday with 2 jumping for us.

capecodder
09-12-2005, 09:59 AM
More pix

capecodder
09-12-2005, 10:01 AM
Sorry

outfished
09-12-2005, 10:13 AM
Just wonderful! :kewl: Seem like the both of you had a terrific time and weather.

BigBo
09-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Very nice! :claps: :rotf2:

Backbeach Jake
09-12-2005, 03:36 PM
We watched that dolphin show from the beach at N. Truro! I was fishing the Bay just South of Cold Storage Beach and praying that they'd drive some fish in. They didn't. :rude: Next time you're headed there, shoot me a PM. BTW, that's a real nice fish!! :hihi:

capecodder
09-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Jake,
We saw them from our deck on Friday as well. My wife actually called me on my cell from our deck Saturday to tell me they were there again. My boy loved it, very cool that they jumped for us. We saw them out in front of Day's Cottages around 3:20pm headed towards Cold Storage.

Our cottage is about a half mile North (West?) of Cold Storage. All week the peanuts were being chased on to the beach by either small blues or bass. I couldn't catch one with anything. They put on a show especially at low tide. We netted a few peanuts for my boy to play with in a bucket.

I'll be there the weekend of the 30th, no family. Back beach Fri & Sat nite, boat Saturday.

I gotta say, the whole wire line thing is effective. Not all that fun, but effective. I can't fight what works!

Backbeach Jake
09-12-2005, 05:52 PM
They were picky last week. My next door neighbor said that he waded way out at low and was surrounded by schoolies. And they wouldn't bite anything. We picked up a schoolie each Sat. Afternoon. Keep your eye on the Bay this time of year, lotsa whales, dolphins, sometimes tuna, once in a while Killer Whale :conf: . Even saw Basking sharks mate one year. Do you miss the tramway tower as much as I do? It's hard to judge distance now.

capecodder
09-12-2005, 06:19 PM
I grew up measuring the stage of the tide by the CS tower. Sad to see it go. It is a great time, we've also seen whales, basking sharks, bluefin. Never saw a killer whale.

Of all the time I've been there, never fished that beach at night. Always go to the ocean side even though its only steps to the beach. Probably missed some decent fish.

Raven
09-12-2005, 06:54 PM
in the picture the fish is longer than your son is tall....
to him...it must have seemed like a monster fish... lol
nice - goin - CapeCodder

tattoobob
09-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Very Nice Congrats :jump:

Youngmoon74
09-13-2005, 09:51 AM
Nice fish and nice pic of the dolphin must have been some show

Sweetwater
09-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Nice pix....not a dolphin though...I think it's a harbor porpoise. I saw 5 or 6 around billingsgate earlier in the year. I thought it was a bunch of school bluefin boiling up then I realized it was feeding porpoises.

Heading to N. Truro for a week at the end of Sept. Hope the mung is gone!

tynan19
09-15-2005, 04:42 PM
Great pics, congrats on getting the little one involved.