View Full Version : Report from the Hunk

Pete F.
09-12-2005, 01:27 PM
What an interesting place, and a tough one to fish from shore.
Arrived there Wed around 6pm and by the time we got unloaded it was 7, went out on the boat to troll. We picked up a few fish on tube n worm, one a 15 # and came in and made dinner. Fished that night from shore and got one 30" fish right off and then nada till am. From Thursday thru Sat we consistently caught a few fish trolling. It was slow for everyone there and from Bassbabes thread it seems it was slow all over. From the surf, well I should say rocks cause there was no wave action, I ended up with one landed, two I lost, and a few hits. Plugs that worked were black Danny, yellow pencil popper with red head, yellow polaris with red head.
What I should have done was, my first day there gone for a walk around the island without waders in the daylight at low tide with a pole and a small surfbag. From the cliffs you can see the rocks close to shore and tell from the break how deep the water is. Then go back and fish it either side of high tide. Always seemed to be on the boat around high tide though.
Well anyways I had a great time with my brothers caught fish, ate fish, drank beer, drank scotch, fished a lot, caught some fish and saw a beautiful place.