View Full Version : Every think that mother nature just hates you?

BrianS
09-15-2005, 08:52 AM
When all is said and done, come the end of business today I could well of been screwed 3 times by the same little lady by the name of Ophelia.

First time, last week, Gulf Stream Charter planned out of Myrtle Beach... surf just too much...

Second time - Looks like my Cod charter this weekend is prolly canceled. I planned it back in May... I know how to pick em.

Third time - Looks like I am being sent to NYC on business tomorrow. My business trips never go well. Looks like Acela might be the key!

I am not amused.

ProfessorM
09-15-2005, 09:59 AM
I don't know if mother nature hates me but someone up there does. After waiting 2 weeks to get my truck back, which I use for towing my boat, long story short because it broke down at the ramp and I had to have my boat towed out by a somewhat unwilling bystander at the peak pull out time of the day and then had to have a friend tow boat to his house and then had to have the truck towed for $120.00 back to Lakeville for repairs. I went to friends yesterday to pick up boat to go out to Barnstable and I backed in hooked up boat pulled out of driveway and step on brakes nutin. Look under truck and brakeline rotted out and fluid all over street. Unhook boat put back in friends yard and drive carefully back to mechanics for more work. I feel your pain. What is next? Paul

BrianS
09-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Whats next?

Cant be anything worse than going to a jack n jill baby shower for your cousin...

Oh wait.. thats Sunday...

:(

Odd you mention brakes, mine started grinding yesterday... Car is at Midas this morning.. apparantley I also need a oil change, power steering flush, and serpentine belt.

Raider Ronnie
09-15-2005, 04:41 PM
bjs.
Hopefully you plan to reschedule , we were looking foreward to the charter this weekend , but mother nature allways decides wheather we go or not!!!
It's only early Sept. and the cod fishing will only get better from here on in!

BrianS
09-15-2005, 05:39 PM
absolutely..
just need to talk to the team...

MTC
09-15-2005, 07:52 PM
I'm going up to Gooserock Beach Maine tomorow to haul a boat with a friend... should be nice and bummpy...

schoolie monster
09-16-2005, 12:38 PM
I hear ya dude... I was supposed to go to Florida and fish the Indian River last friday for my 10th year anniversary... Fl trip cancelled.

Supposed to go over to Nantucket this weekend to fish the madaket flats with my uncle

well, they were both good ideas. I guess I'll settle for fishing boston in the rain

Slipknot
09-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Paul, if you want to go to barnstable harbor monday at sunrise, let me know, you can come with me.

sucks about the truck, when it rains it pours.:(

macojoe
09-16-2005, 01:32 PM
Thers no fish in Barnstable!! Stay away!!

I might go out there also Mon?? But won't be till 9 am if I go at all.

But Paul Slipknot I owe you both a boat ride!! I think I am really going to try Tue or Wed??

Haven't fished all summer since June :crying: So I have no idea were the fih are but I at least need a Boat ride!

Bass Babe
09-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Odd you mention brakes, mine started grinding yesterday... Car is at Midas this morning.. apparantley I also need a oil change, power steering flush, and serpentine belt.

I love how you always "need" a serpentine belt. Jiffy Lube dude says, "Do you want the bad news?" I get scared. He grabs a flashlight and motions for me to come over to look under the hood. "See that? That's your serpentine belt." Mmhm, I already knew that. "See all those pits and tears and all that wear?" Nope, looks good to me. Might be slightly dirty, but otherwise good. "Well, when that goes, your steering goes, and that could be dangerous. It could break today, tomorrow, next month, or next year. But just to be sure, we can replace it for $89.99" Buddy, what do I like like?...A woman? :laugha:

fishaholic18
09-16-2005, 03:14 PM
I love how you always "need" a serpentine belt. Jiffy Lube dude says, "Do you want the bad news?" I get scared. He grabs a flashlight and motions for me to come over to look under the hood. "See that? That's your serpentine belt." Mmhm, I already knew that. "See all those pits and tears and all that wear?" Nope, looks good to me. Might be slightly dirty, but otherwise good. "Well, when that goes, your steering goes, and that could be dangerous. It could break today, tomorrow, next month, or next year. But just to be sure, we can replace it for $89.99" Buddy, what do I like like?...A woman? :laugha:
You'll be sorry when it breaks. :fishslap:

ProfessorM
09-16-2005, 03:16 PM
Serpentine belt that is what killed me the first time. Air conditioner compressor sieze's up and thus the motor could not turn over because of the damn belt drives everything. I got 170,000 miles on it and the thing wouldn't break. Now I got a new one. Thanks for the invite guys. Slip it might be very dirty after the blow, it was last weekend, but I might be interested. I will call you this Sunday are you going to be around? Joe I could maybe make it on Wed. as long as I am back in Lakeville by 3:30 to pick up my daughter at Kindergarden.. Thanks Paul

Bass Babe
09-16-2005, 03:22 PM
You'll be sorry when it breaks. :fishslap:

I'm sure I will be, and then I'll buy a new one for $20 and slap it in there. I bet if I just had a new one put in the day before, the Jiffy Boobs would try to sell me another with that same tactic. Shady mofos.