View Full Version : You may need to get a liitle more sleep when...

Diggin Jiggin
09-19-2005, 11:35 AM
You swap out your leader @ 2am after your first fish of the morning, and the leader that you tied right before you went to bed, has swivels on both ends.

Ya, you know what the next one out of the bag looked like too. :rollem:

Anyone else missing too much sleep ?

cheferson
09-19-2005, 02:55 PM
i was up for over 30 hours yesterday, fished 14 hours straight! Pulled together my 1st tuna and grand slam though so it was well worth it. Only managed a 5hour nap and going back out now!! :ss:

Backbeach Jake
09-19-2005, 03:49 PM
I've done that, DJ. I felt like my brain was melted when I tried to hook the plug to the bottom swivel. :doh:

Slipknot
09-19-2005, 07:03 PM
Have you ever cast a plug while standing in your boat and hook your flyrod and cast them both in the water? :hs: :doh: :wave: thankfully the hook was still on the line

Backbeach Jake
09-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Have you ever cast a plug while standing in your boat and hook your flyrod and cast them both in the water? :hs: :doh: :wave: thankfully the hook was still on the line
Ever hook your whole surfbag and cast that? I did at the Race right in front of everybody. Fished through the night, through the morning, and was surrounded by the thong crowd. It was real hard to look cool.....

Raider Ronnie
09-19-2005, 07:14 PM
About 8-10 years ago after being out in one of my plow trucks during a blizzard and no sleep for more than 3 days, when I finally drove up my driveway at home, I started to hallucinate!!!
I thought all the trees in my yard (and I have a LOT!!! ) were monsters and were attacking me!!!
And my 10x12 lawn shed was on it's side!!!

True story, and NO, I have NEVER done or tried drugs in my life!!!

Pete F.
09-19-2005, 07:30 PM
About 8-10 years ago after being out in one of my plow trucks during a blizzard and no sleep for more than 3 days, when I finally drove up my driveway at home, I started to hallucinate!!!
I thought all the trees in my yard (and I have a LOT!!! ) were monsters and were attacking me!!!
And my 10x12 lawn shed was on it's side!!!

True story, and NO, I have NEVER done or tried drugs in my life!!!
If ya had that woulda been a flashback

Nebe
09-19-2005, 07:33 PM
well i had a freind read it to me over the phone.. im not pissed at all.

those spots are 'has been' spots. kinda like some of the old spots you read about on the cape that no longer produce like they used to.

if anything i am glad, as it will send the googans in the wrong direction.

* woops. wrong thread....... time for nighty night :D

Backbeach Jake
09-19-2005, 07:37 PM
I thinks Neben needs more sleep. I'd like to watch him tomorrow whilst he tries to find this post. I hate it when I do this.. :yawn: nighty nite all..

"uffah!!"
09-19-2005, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=Nebe]well i had a freind read it to me over the phone.. im not pissed at all.

those spots are 'has been' spots. kinda like some of the old spots you read about on the cape that no longer produce like they used to.

if anything i am glad, as it will send the googans in the wrong direction.[

/QUOTE]

Nebe,

MAC
09-19-2005, 08:22 PM
You swap out your leader @ 2am after your first fish of the morning, and the leader that you tied right before you went to bed, has swivels on both ends.

Ya, you know what the next one out of the bag looked like too. :rollem:

Anyone else missing too much sleep ?

Almost as bad as clinching down the knot on swivel then cutting the tag end to realize you cut the main line. Worst part is I did it 3 times in a row one night :doh:

blue oyster
09-19-2005, 08:48 PM
i tied a bunch of storms with floro leaders thursday night , left them on the bench , friday morning when i'm out i started cutting up my pre tied leaders with wet , cold , bloody hands dropped not one but two overboard , had to pull one hook from my leg , and i sat on my cigaretts , what a great time of year :jump:

RickBomba
09-19-2005, 08:52 PM
At least you guys been sleep deprived from fishin.
Been working at the resaturant, and doing double duty at the Taste of Boston for Bugaboo, just finished today (three hours of zzz's last nite)_ to realize that it's my anniverssary.
Home frome Caiptal Grille, very tired, with the MRS. calling "Ricky"
UUGGH, four AM tomorrow is awfully ealry.
Later,
Rick :eyes:

Bass Babe
09-20-2005, 05:58 AM
When you call into work on Monday because you fished Sunday nite until 4 AM...then you go do the same thing Monday nite. Gotta go to work today, though.