View Full Version : Tuna trip cancelled

outfished
09-20-2005, 02:00 PM
I got the call Saturday night from the Helen-H, two day tuna trip cancelled because not enough folks booked the trip. :wall: Two buddies and I had been planning for two months for this trip, hoping the weather would be decent, ophelia had moved far enough as to not effect the fishing and I'm bummed. So Sunday I decide to call Yankee Fleet for a cod/haddock trip on Monday. No problem, only 17 folks signed up to be on the patriot so I'm happy that I can somehow salvage something out of it. Had a nice day on the seas, fairly calm water, warm temps outside, seen tuna jump, seen a couple of whales in the distant. Seen a huge blue shark make off with a cod as it was reeled within 5 feet on the boat, that was pretty exciting. On the way in, we're stopped waiting for the bridge to open up and we saw thousands if not more of pogies below the boat so thick you could've walked across them. Brought home several decent haddock and several cusk. Two 29lb. cod took the pool and 1 decent sized wolffish and 1 hake caught as well. Overall nice day!

Gloucester2
09-26-2005, 02:52 PM
George his usual cheerful self ?

luds
09-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Dude, I was on that boat. I think you sat next to my buddy Ryan. He mentioned that you had to cancel your trip. Sorry to hear that. All that haddock made for a nice sunday night dinner for me.

Flaptail
09-26-2005, 05:29 PM
I really dig your avatar Luds!!!! Cool stuff!

BrianS
09-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Man I know all about cancelations

my problem has been the weather.

Going for strike 3 on Ave Maria this weekend. Cod Charter
If it doesnt fly this weekend, we are thinking of just going to the Nordic Lodge instead...

Nice to see you got out though and did get into some fish.

Raider Ronnie
09-26-2005, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=bjs]Man I know all about cancelations

my problem has been the weather.

Going for strike 3 on Ave Maria this weekend. Cod Charter
If it doesnt fly this weekend, we are thinking of just going to the Nordic Lodge instead...

Think positive Brian!!!
It's 5 days away, but as of now the NOAA forecast is calling for south wind 5kt seas 2-3ft :kewl:

BrianS
09-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Funny you mention that Ron, because like 3 seconds after I posted I DID check noaa and saw just that..

So.. after two weeks of positive thinking.. the trick is to think VERY negatively I think to ensure some good weather!