View Full Version : Rita

Pete_G
09-21-2005, 08:56 PM
3rd most powerful storm ever? There's going to be trouble in Texas...

Sounds like people are taking it seriously though and getting out of the way.

:spidey:

And I'm glad I fueled my truck up tonight.

spence
09-21-2005, 09:53 PM
She's headed straight for the Nation's oil refinery coast...tank up your SUV while you still can :conf:

-spence

Skip N
09-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Figures...The damn gas prices were finally starting to drop slightly. Ugh i'm gonna go freakin broke. The time of year i drive the most too :(

fishaholic18
09-21-2005, 11:41 PM
CNN reports
- Hurricane Rita is now a top-of-the-scale, "potentially catastrophic" Category 5 storm, packing winds of 175 mph, according to the National Hurricane Center.

Forecasters said the storm could be the most intense hurricane on record to ever hit Texas. There's also concern that Rita, still about two days away from the Gulf Coast, could turn out to be one of the most powerful storms ever to strike the U.S. mainland.

Currently it's the third strongest storm ever recorded in the Atlantic basin.

piemma
09-22-2005, 04:57 AM
I just saw a story on CNN about gas going to $5.00 a gallon. I'll tell you what, if that happens it will seriously cut into my fishing. I don't care how much money you make. If you drive 125 miles R/T to fish its $25 each trip. Once a week will be it.

Bass Babe
09-22-2005, 06:11 AM
I still fish as much, if not more, now that gas prices have gone up. Granted, I get 30.5 MPG and don't have a family, but I've got some hefty bills due to college credit card madness. If ya can't afford an extra $30 a week until the prices go down again (which they'd better), doesn't that just mean you have bad budgeting skills and/or need a better job? Strap on 2 hours of overtime and you've got your gas money. It's not so bad. Yes, we're getting totally hosed on gas prices, but it shouldn't force anyone to eat ramen for every meal or wear burlap sacks instead of clothing.

RIROCKHOUND
09-22-2005, 07:34 AM
Morgan Stanley's head guy this AM said 3.25 a gallon at least....
And BB, I can appreciate the idea about budgeting etc.. but running long distances 5-7 nights a week gets expensive... it's been keeping me local some nights instead of running 30miles west as I should be doing....

piemma
09-22-2005, 08:14 AM
Bass babe"
i fish 5 to 7 nights a week. That's $125 to $175 a week for gas. if I do that for a month we are talking a mortgage payment. Sorry, I don't make your kind of money.

Bass Babe
09-22-2005, 08:23 AM
Ahhh, I guess I wasn't thinking that anyone would drive really far more than a couple times a week to fish. When do y'all sleep? And I have a crap job that I'm getting laid off from in 2 weeks, so don't be too jealous. :yak4:

RIROCKHOUND
09-22-2005, 08:33 AM
Sleep when your dead, or December, whatever comes first; :vamp:
We're vampires anyways

Bob Thomas
09-22-2005, 03:02 PM
What the heck did Louisiana do to deserve this? Just saw the Ch. 7 news and they said it is heading right for LA, just west of New Orleans. I.e. NO will be getting the WORST side of the storm!

I'm beginning to wonder if there is a message in here?

Those poor people!

chris L
09-22-2005, 03:04 PM
rita is one fugly broad

The Dad Fisherman
09-22-2005, 03:16 PM
What the heck did Louisiana do to deserve this? Just saw the Ch. 7 news and they said it is heading right for LA, just west of New Orleans. I.e. NO will be getting the WORST side of the storm!

I'm beginning to wonder if there is a message in here?

Those poor people!

Kind of like Sodom and Gomorrah...Biblical kind of stuff.

Bass Babe
09-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Gluttony's one of the seven deadly sins, right? Doesn't (didn't...) New Orleans have the highest percentage of overweight people in the US? If I had to choose a religious theory, I'd go with that. But does that mean Lynn, MA is next? :rollem:

MakoMike
09-23-2005, 06:59 AM
BB,
If its the 7 that you're thinking about New Orleans had all of them covered, in spades!

The Dad Fisherman
09-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Gluttony's one of the seven deadly sins, right? Doesn't (didn't...) New Orleans have the highest percentage of overweight people in the US? If I had to choose a religious theory, I'd go with that. But does that mean Lynn, MA is next? :rollem:

Hey now...easy on Lynn....I was born and raised there. I Are a Produkt of da Lynn publik Skool Sistum.....Besides I'd like to think that Chelsea would go before Lynn.:D