View Full Version : Fresh Wood

BigFish
09-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Had to pick up a wood stove at my buddies in Plymouth today.....he is selling his place where I do most of my fresh water fishing (great spot) and I will no longer have the same access as I had so I figured I would bring my rod one last time, fish some of the fresh water plugs I made last winter and try and go out in a blaze of glory......well.....I did! :bgi: This is my first fresh water fish on my own wood and the largest bass I have caught in this spot......nice way to end my time there! :kewl: The highest of highs and the lowest of lows both at the same time! :happy: :( I saw this fish near some millfoil so I made a toss and on my second cast he ate it! Felt great and I got my first freshie on my wood! :bgi: Only about 3 pounds but thats my biggest! :bgi:

BigFish
09-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Couple more...... :jester:

BigBo
09-27-2005, 03:31 PM
BigFish on a *gasp****** BOAT?????? :rotf3: Nice fish Larry.

Slipknot
09-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Is THAT a boat? :jester: :jester:

Fishchick gets better bass than that.
but that is cool getting them on your plugs :btu:

BigFish
09-27-2005, 05:14 PM
Thats my buddies pontoon boat tied to the dock...great fishing in the cove he had! I like wading around there but... :(...no more! I was just standing on the boat...but I know the fish does not count! :jester:

afterhours
09-27-2005, 05:21 PM
nice! now clean out your pm's.

BigFish
09-27-2005, 05:23 PM
Clean...sorry! :rollem:

nightfighter
09-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Pssst...wanna see a pic of Larry kissing Larry? :jester:

Maybe you should ask your buddy to see if the new owners don't mind giving you occassional access. When an oceanfront property sells here I just knock on the door and tell the new owner that I had always been granted access by the previous owner, (or previous two owners if I think it will help my cause) and wanted to introduce myself in the hope that they won't mind doing the same. (I sometimes have had success doing this in spots where I didn't have access previously.)

BigFish
09-27-2005, 06:43 PM
I could probably do that without a problem and they I am sure would let me....but it won't be the same! :( I don't want to be stepping on toes...its just a summer cottage and if they are there I will be in the way.