View Full Version : classic fall blitz today

blue oyster
09-29-2005, 06:00 PM
i went out at sunrise this morning , hoping i could beat the wind , trip started real slow i started to question my decision , but as the wind picked up so did the fishing , next thing i know full on blitz , acres and acres of bird and fish that just would not quit (even when the tide went slack) ,lost track of the fish i caught . a lot of blue fish but a good scattering of stripers all on top water/lite tackle , stayed a little to long , when the waves started comming over the transom i knew it was time to go , even though i did not want to . season ends all to soon and its a long winter.

Van
09-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Nice, buddy of mine had 3 hours of constant fish from shore in Quincy.

Bass and blues.

schoolie monster
10-04-2005, 01:05 PM
My dad flew in from PA on thursday and we fished friday, sat evening and monday. We decided to just go out and have fun and we just fished light tackle and chased blitzes. Not that bait and big fish isn't fun, but each time we had to decide whether to pick up eels or try to grab some bait, we said the heck with it. I spent about 20 minutes jigging around some docks, that was it.

It was an amazing 3 days and we put more fish in the boat than I got all year. Not much size though. Out of around 220 bass, just 7 keepers. Kinda low. In my past experiences, even when chasing schoolies, you still get keepers at a 1/5 to a 1/10 clip. My dad did get his best fish to date with a healthy 35"er.

But it was just great... the weather was perfect, fish everywhere.

Add 50-60 blues, many in the 7-9# range, and we had a blast. My hands and shoulder are a mess, but this weekend made my year and to be able to share that with my dad, was very cool.

Moses
10-04-2005, 03:11 PM
Thats great to hear Blue Oyster. Assume on the south shore somewhere. Any size to the bass/blues?

Was thinking of taking thurs off prior to storm coming in and fishing cape cod bay although i may want to fish a little more north up to boston, just not sure yet.

Van
10-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Awesome blitz today, (Tuesday)

see the "IS IT FALL" thread...

All out insanity, got my heart rate way way up.... :jump:

blue oyster
10-04-2005, 07:16 PM
out agian today although not as hot and heavy as last week but still a good day , the fish were running 1 keeper for every 4 fish caught (they all go back) nothing on size biggest 32" but i fish lite tackle/top water barbless and it was a ball and only 1 cannibal today even that one was not bad 6-7 lbs i will be out agian tomorow :D