View Full Version : Hey #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&!

JeffH
08-16-2000, 01:38 PM
Hey #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& I'm actually heading down that way to fish Thursday night believe it or not. I know it's probably slow but was planning on hitting 'Gansett somewhere. Got any reports? Feel like fishing?

eelman
08-16-2000, 01:53 PM
Howdy jeff! Remeber that spot I took you too in august two seasons ago? Well,It red hot right now!

JeffH
08-16-2000, 07:08 PM
I figured that would be the place but alas NO parking! That is one of the best looking spots I have ever fished. Getting out of a meeting early and should be in RI by 5:30. Can I park and walk it?

eelman
08-16-2000, 09:07 PM
Hi jeff,Just got back from fishing there,no biggies tonight but I did get 7 fish to 18lbs.

You can walk it,do you remember how to get there? Its not a bad walk.Bring eels and small danny swimmers.Im not going there myself,I think its going to be slow the wind is going nor-west and its going to be very bright! If you go good luck! Fish the point at the end of the fence,thats been the hotspot.

JeffH
08-16-2000, 09:39 PM
I forgot about that moon and the NW winds, I may have to rethink my strategy. If I remember you turn right off main road and the road is the first left. You park up by the main road don't you? I may also opt for Hazard Ave., stay in CT or cancel all together. I must be getting old because the thought of a 1-1/2 hour drive home at 11:00pm just doesn't sound appealing. I never used to think of the drive home only how fast I could get there. Have you bumped into Mike this year down there? He's the guy I fish with up here in the spring, won your club trophy last year.

eelman
08-16-2000, 10:03 PM
Yes I know mike,mike dunphy.I have seen him a few times this year.He isnt to happy that I caught a 42lb fish this year! He has to beat it! Anyway mike seems like a good guy.

You park on the main road like you said.There is a spot out in westerly that is a very long walk,do you know it? Well, I have always done great there in nor-west winds...You know the spot!!!! I will tell you jeff,block island is the place to be!! I have been out there several times this year and the fishing is just awesome! Mike likes to fish out there also in the fall,thats where he got the winning fish last year.Anyway,you really need to get your "old" butt over to that island one of these days!! you will absouluty love it jeff! Im going there for a week this year in november and try my odds at a 60!! never know...Good luck tommorow night..Bill

JeffH
08-17-2000, 08:06 AM
Hmmm, a long walk.....that might be a plan. Mike Dunphy is the guy. Mike's condo up here has about 300 plugs strung up in his living room and rods everywhere. Did you know he and another guy have a time share condo out on Block. I believe he has it the last week of October and the first week of November. I'll stop by his house up here one day and weasel myself an invite to go for a few days when he has the condo. Let's see I'll need 4 dozen eels some needlefish a little food and a change of clothes......

eelman
08-17-2000, 08:37 AM
Yes jeff, I know they have a place out there,he fishes with tom maguire out there,the place is acually toms.The fall out threre has not been nearly as good as the summer the past few years.

I will be there for a week this year,from novemder 4th until nov12th,Im going to give it a good whirl this fall.