View Full Version : YASBR - Yet Another S-B Raffle

JohnR
10-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Striped-Bass.com

I hate to do run another auction / raffle on Striped-Bass.com as we have had a LOT of them, for charities, this past year. We also have ONE charity raffle coming up probably around the end of the year that will be announced later on. One thing which has happened is that with all these raffles directly through or in conjunction with S-B for Don, Emma, Katrina Relief, Chris' nephew, I have neglected to run a fall raffle in support of keeping the lights on at S-B. The till is fairly empty (but not critical yet) and will need a recharge and I don't have enough spare personal funds to kick in to the site at this time (nor do I want to work at CompUSA to support S-B :hihi: ).

So I am putting up for raffle, a few items I have accumulated over the years in plug donations made by some of the our plug builders, a 9’ rod I purchased at the MSBA Show last year – the All Star with the World Serious Logo woven into the butt wrap ( I have not fished it).

9 foot Conventional All Star wrapped by Hatteras Jacks with the Red Sox “B” woven on one side of the butt wrap and the World Series Trophy 2004 on the other (I have never mounted a reel on this rod, it is brand spanking new, but has a couple small mars on the butt section below the handle – not on the wrap.

Almost one entire set from the 2004-2005 S-B Builders Plug Swap (you can pry the Slipknot Tiger Needle from my cold dead hands). This was the set that the builders gave to me. There is another set that was to be used for a site raffle that I instead will raffle off for this winter’s charity raffle.

Four to Five custom wooden plugs from previous plug swaps.

8-10 other plugs donated by S-B builders over the past couple years to benefit the site as needed.

An ABU Garcia 6500 TCST Tournament Striper Reel (new in box), donated by the MSBA and would match very nicely if one was also fortunate to win the rod J.

1 Al Gags NEW 2005 Needlefish

2 #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& Custom Plugs.

One set of ten very nice Flys from Weaza’s Teasers and Flys a/k/a Swimmer from the site (that I won in a raffle J )

I’m debating on whether or not to put up the very first Fly I have ever tied :eek5:

I may have a few other odds and ends to sweeten the pot and I will have pictures and a formal web page up this weekend.

Unlike other sites that have online stores or are front ends that support a back end business, Striped-Bass.com is a community that keeps the lights on by sponsor advertisements and by raffles and events, designed to benefit the site. S-B is made for it’s members and supported by its members. We do not have a lot of sponsors (I get an average of six requests per month to become a sponsor) and only the best sponsors. I could sign up everyone that wants to throw money at S-B but I don’t want to flood people with popup adds (and I would NEVER give out people’s info, though I have been approached before to sell that info – would never do it though). So if S-B has helped you in some way, please think of a small way to give back. If you have met new friends, learned a new method, received divine inspiration from some of our bandwidth hogs, or simply consumed a lot of bandwidth :hihi: please buy some tickets and maybe win a great prize or two in the process.

I figure I will start this raffle this weekend and run it until probably the S-B mini-cookout in a couple weeks at the MS Tourney or at a following "Club" Meeting over some beer and wings on Airport Rd in Warwick - details to follow.

Thanks!

John Redmond

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Site Developer, Computer Guru,

Chief Negotiator, Lead Mediator,

Reluctant Censor :eek5:

And tortured surfcaster of

www.Striped-Bass.com (http://www.striped-bass.com/)

Slipknot
10-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Sounds like a nice assortment John :btu:
I hope everyone can help out and buy tickets.

Clammer
10-06-2005, 09:42 PM
S hit , I,ve had a blast / met some great people /fished with some / basically just a good f #$%^&*( time ]
Money can,t put in words the enjoyment I,ve had on this site & with many members //
I was amazed of the support I received 3 years ago in diapers & how good it was & surprized to see sooooooo many of the members who gave up their own personal time [[and distance ] to pay respects to Sheila .,

put ya money where ya mouth is ;;;;;;;;;;

JohnR I know the B/S you go thru on a daily basis & I don,t want to see the lights go out or change hands ;;
here,s $400 to start ya off //

The F #$%^&* blooooooFish Hating Clammer :wave: :wave: :smokin:

UserRemoved1
10-07-2005, 04:18 AM
John keep your plugs I will donate a 3.5 oz Sheriff in Pearl white, Banana, Blue White, and Parrot to the auction.

Striperhound
10-07-2005, 05:15 AM
What Mike said! Great Place and Great poeple. I will send you some more plugs for this raffle.

afterhours
10-07-2005, 06:39 AM
sunshine- count me in for pluggage- jr, spookster, rascal, needle and ?.

The Dad Fisherman
10-07-2005, 07:58 AM
How much are the tickets?

JohnR
10-07-2005, 08:02 AM
Clammer - thank you, but THAT is not necessary. The lights are not going out - though this raffle and the others we do every year help keep the lights on. If there is a time to change hands it will be because you all drove me nuts with Cabin Fever & Flame wars! Hahahaha! But I have no serious thoughts to change hands.

Scott, 'Hound, AH - thanks guys - very appreciated!

TDF - ticket and raffle details I'll work out this weekend but like most raffles - 1 for $10, 3 for $20, 10 FOR $50. The usual Paypal Donate button and all.

Again, sorry to need to run a raffle so soon after Katrina, but it is getting necessary... What people may or may not realize, typically, after a raffle / event / once a year, I upgrade the server and run higher monthly costs in hosting. But those that have been around here for a while realize how fast the boards run these days when just compared to a few years ago. Much faster and handling significantly more data and well over 99% uptime (hope I just didn't jinx us :yak: )... Though the backups and virus scans do slow the board down on a rare occasion.

A new thing I have been doing with S-B for the past year, in a way to give back to the fishing community, is to offer free web site hosting (no time for design) and a private club-member only message board section on S-B, to legitimate fishing clubs in New England. I have extended this offer to a few clubs that have accepted and are migrating over to my server. I can't do this for the big clubs, like the RISAAs and MSBAs, maybe in a few years, but I will offer to legit small and mid sized clubs. Just thought it is a fitting way for S-B to give back.

Thanks again!

John

Rock Hopper
10-07-2005, 08:39 AM
John,

This site is a great place, with some the best folks I have had the pleasure of meeting over the years. Your support has always been present for AquaSkinz from our start.

AquaSkinz would be honored to support the raffle. Please add to your list and accept our contibution as a token of thanks:

Medium Surf Bag (The new One)
Medium Wading Belt With Back Support
Large Utlity Pouch
Small Utility Pouch
Eel Bag
Stailess Steel "D" Ring For The Belt
2 Pack Of Swivel Clips For The Belt

This is a place we all enjoy being a part of, it would be shame to think there were no expensess associated with its operation. John does a great job over-all and does it pretty much out of his pocket. It is up to us to keep it healthy and thriving.

Thanks for all you do John :thanks: :kewl: :claps:

Kadir

Clammer
10-07-2005, 08:40 AM
What about the Clammer /Kill all BLOOOOooooofish club :usd:

John Its coming anyway //life is short /OOOPs so,s my @#$%^&* :gf:

JohnR
10-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Thanks Kadir & Mike!

Fisherwoman
10-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Hi JohnR, You can count us in for a 1/2 day, 5 hour trip for 4 people, for next years season.

We will also send you a check for continued sponsorship of the board for the coming season.

This site is the best, but we were friends long before this site ever came to bear, we have met many new friends and great people over the years and want this site to continue. If you need anything else let us know buddy!!!

Thanks To a great guy who has made this a great place to be a part of.

Bill & Jules

Clammer
10-07-2005, 02:06 PM
B & J soooooooooooooooo sweet to say that about the [[Leader]] maybe he can come out to play .,., :bgi:

basswipe
10-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Sounds like one hell of a raffle so far!

BigFish
10-07-2005, 10:15 PM
JohnR....I use more bandwidth than most and I really enjoy this place and have gained from it quite a bit in knowledge and friendship.....normally I would like to donate some pluggage but my shop is temporarily disassembled.....I would like to donate a framed copy of my fishchick photo.....in black and white and in 8 by 10.....a fun item to dress up anyones man cave ;) and I will see what I can get together for plugs.....will let you know before you draw the raffle! :kewl:

Thanks for all you do John! ;)

bassmaster
10-08-2005, 08:21 AM
john what would u like from me:)

tattoobob
10-09-2005, 03:23 PM
I will donate some Red Gills
5, 7 inch in black
5, 4.5 in deadly night shade
5, 4.5 in pearl
5, 4.5 in black

JHABS
10-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Will throw a few HABS in the POT................

JohnR
10-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Julie, Larry, TattoBob, Johnny - thank you all!

Bubba - send some dannys :)

I blew up my computer yesterday and today to install new parts so I only have limited access to some of my applications right now as I need to reload. I will try to get the pictures and pages uploaded shortly for this raffle. There is a TON of amazing stuff - looks like the best raffle ever.

If you want to click on the PayPal S-B Donate button below, the tickets are 1 for $10, 3 for $20, 10 FOR $50 as mentioned above.

Thanks everyone!

John

reelecstasy
10-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Thanks again JohnR for all the hard work you do keepin the lights on. My favorite site on the web...Pretty great group of fishermen, and women.. :kewl:

Sent $$ thru paypal
-RE

tattoobob
10-10-2005, 07:46 PM
John I will send you a PIC thru PM and send me your address
and I will send them to you or just let me know the winner and
I will send them direct just say the word and I will do it.

JohnR
10-11-2005, 08:24 AM
John I will send you a PIC thru PM and send me your address
and I will send them to you or just let me know the winner and
I will send them direct just say the word and I will do it.

Cool - thank you....

Moses
10-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Just paid thru PayPal John. Thanks for keeping this a great site to share ideas....

Bazza
10-12-2005, 10:08 AM
John, thanks again for running the raffle and keeping the lights on.

basswipe
10-12-2005, 04:34 PM
Just paid thru PayPal John. Thanks for keeping this a great site to share ideas....

Same here.Thanks John.

tattoobob
10-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Me to :)

Here is a pic of the Red Gills

http://www.geocities.com/tattoobob1961/redgills.jpg

NIB
10-13-2005, 07:48 AM
Jonny check ur Mialbox for a treat.Today or tom.

JohnR
10-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Thanks Bob & Nib!

Here is a partial page of the items up for raffle - more to be added (when I can find my better camers :whackin: )

http://www.striped-bass.com/sb05raffle.html

Thanks everyone!

John

UserRemoved1
10-13-2005, 04:55 PM
John there will be 4 Sheriffs on your doorstep tomorrow. And a little something extra for you when they get done..

Backbeach Jake
10-13-2005, 05:47 PM
:drool: Just ordered 3 tickets w/PPal.

Megabyte
10-13-2005, 07:45 PM
JohnR,

Knowing how little effort is involved in keeping computers running (heheheeeeeeeeeeeee) and how much time you spend saving Bloooofish for Clammer and teaching him how to fish !

You do one heck of a stand up job.

Count me in. I can't wait to troll more plugs of the back, side & top of Megabyte

I'm in.

BigFish
10-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Here is a pic of an old gal landing a nice surf caught striper back in the day! I will frame this 8 by 10 really nice and send it off to JohnR for the raffle! Might help dress up someones man-cave a little! :rotfl:

afterhours
10-15-2005, 04:29 PM
john, here are my donations. maybe you can add this pic to the offical auction page.

RickBomba
10-16-2005, 12:12 AM
JBird,
I'm in, hopefully good for you.
Love You Man,
Sammy

bobfishgerald
10-16-2005, 06:32 AM
I have been reading and learning a lot here this season.

I just bought a bunch of tickets. So I can give something back, with the possibility of getting some really great stuff back!

Bobbike
10-16-2005, 09:49 AM
Hey John, its been awhile since we fished together, hope to see ya at the MDA next weekend. Buying 10 for 50 via paypal

Jimbo
10-17-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm in for three and if these tickets are as lucky as the last raffle...I can't wait.

MoroneSaxatilis
10-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Is there a link to buy raff tix?

reelecstasy
10-17-2005, 09:36 AM
Is there a link to buy raff tix?
Bottom of page S-B donate......

Striperhound
10-18-2005, 05:47 PM
John,

2 Dannies and 2 Needles for the site raffle. I will drop them in your mailbox when I pass by.

Swimmer
10-19-2005, 07:57 AM
Finally used pay pal for the first time after straightening out my self-induced password screwup. Just in time for the years best and most worthwhile raffle.

JohnR
10-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Just a reminder that the link is here: http://www.striped-bass.com/sb05raffle.html

Thanks...

BTW - Bugger, not sure if I e-mailed you back - those sherriffs are sweet...

Arne P
10-26-2005, 01:26 PM
Finally got around to ordering 10 tickets via PayPal. :usd:

Basstime
10-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Hi John, Hope all is well. Sent $50.00 via P-pal. Tim :cheers:

afterhours
10-28-2005, 05:42 AM
john, i'll bring my plugs to the meeting hall on tues. :humpty:

BigFish
10-28-2005, 11:24 AM
John...I will bring my fat behind to the meeting hall on Tuesday! :rotf2:

Elmo
10-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Sorry John but I'm only in for 3 this time. Couldn't win with 20 in the Katrina one. You talk about no luck!! :(

JohnR
10-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Elmo - no prob :btu: - And I almost never win anything :hihi:

For everyone - I have PM'd about half of the numbers and will have the rest out this weekend! Again - thanks everyone and look forward to seeing a few people Tuesday night! (you don't need to be there to win)...

Deadline for PayPal tickets is Monday, Let me know if there is a check on the way only because I want to make sure i know its coming.

Thanks!

John

sok
10-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Sent a check of last week.
Should have it by now?

JohnR
10-29-2005, 05:57 PM
Sent a check of last week.
Should have it by now?

Yep - got it - will PM your numbers out tonight - thanks!

John

Trunky
11-01-2005, 02:45 PM
can I still get in ? :humpty:

Trunky
11-01-2005, 02:56 PM
I donated ten anyway...this is a cool place ! :jester:

JohnR
11-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Trunky - you're in - we'll see how beginner's luck goes :hihi: - welcome aboard to S-B