View Full Version : Best Anti-fog for glasses???

spence
10-07-2005, 09:41 AM
Perhaps the solution is to just get contact lenses :o

Nights like last night are terrible with glasses. Not that it wasn't dark enough already, but the fog was so thick I could barely see 6' with the headlamp!

All the usual reference points available on even the darkest night were lost.

The fact that my lenses were fogging up every 5 min made it feel like I was living in a box. A box full of weed and mung :gf:

So has anyone happened upon an anti-fog product that really works? I've used Cat Crap (yes, that's what it's called) a bit, but I'm not sold.

Anyone?

-spence

Bass Babe
10-07-2005, 09:45 AM
I was gonna suggest the Kitty $hitty. That's all I've used, but then again, I use it for sunglasses and safety glasses, not "I'm blind without them" glasses. Maybe something made for auto glass?

DRUMCORPFAN
10-07-2005, 10:01 AM
tony orlando had some foam eye glass cleaner that he used during the derby he got it at cvs, striperjerk1 had that same issue with his glasses fogging up the stuff worked well for the eyeglass wearing guys.

chief10
10-07-2005, 10:58 AM
you could try a local sporting goods shop/hockey rink that sells hockey gear. ITECH and a couple of other companies make a solution to use on hockey halfshields. just apply and rinse off on outer half of lense. its works great.read the fine print it may work on glasses also.

maddog2020
10-07-2005, 11:01 AM
They make anti-fog cloths for goggles used in skiing. One of the big companies makes it - forget who it was. White cloth in clear bag w/ black writing - may have been Smith.

RIJIMMY
10-07-2005, 11:01 AM
I keep pieces of dry paper towel under my hat and just keep drying them. If its not the fog, its water/salt from getting hit by waves.
Glasses suck in the surf, sometime I've just taken them off and fished blind

chief10
10-07-2005, 11:03 AM
its called ITECH fog free spray and they also make visor wipes ..worth a shot.

rwilhelm
10-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Get contacts you will never look back.

The Iceman 6
10-07-2005, 12:55 PM
2020 Yes, I believe it's "Smith" as well, fogproof glasses. I've seen them mainly on skiers...

Roger
10-07-2005, 02:02 PM
Get contacts you will never look back.

Ditto on the contacts, especially for outdoor stuff near or on the water. Anti fog wipes work on fogging, but do nothing for mist, rain or spray.

teaser
10-07-2005, 10:05 PM
I put RainX on my glasses (only the glass lenses though) and it seems to work great for me, tried it on the plastic lenses and it reacted to the polarity somehow making the lenses fuzzy.

RainX is great while speeding along and taking a wave in the face, the water just rolls off the lenses and no fog, doesn't do much for the rest of you to stay dry but at least you can see.