View Full Version : Do you think it would do any good?

cow tamer
10-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Do you think it would do any good, if a state agency were to post signs of fish sizes and limits in both english and spanish at public access areas, public boat ramps, shellfishing areas? Also, to provide fishing regulation booklets in spanish.
If so, any ideas on how to make this happen?

basswipe
10-13-2005, 04:05 PM
It would help more if they were also printed in several SE Asian languages also.

SocalStriper
10-13-2005, 04:25 PM
I think a picture sign would work better.

a stick man holding a small fish, with the dfg shooting him would work. :nailem:

BigFish
10-13-2005, 04:53 PM
I am sick of seeing everything in multiple languages...sometimes I feel more like I am in Mexico, Spain or France than I do in the old USA...let these people learn the language and how to read dammit!!!! :af:

tattoobob
10-13-2005, 05:38 PM
What Big Fish said
And if they were around to enforce the rules and laws when is the last time you saw an epo. I remember mine

snake slinger
10-13-2005, 06:01 PM
speak english or go back were you came from!my freinds daughter is a game warden she caught a non-english sreaking person with a short and took it away from them all they kept saying was I EAT I EAT.the part that burned me was she didnt fine them if that was me they would take my truck rods and fine me.i asked her about it and she said they dont have any money.but if the sighns help go for it.

blue oyster
10-13-2005, 07:45 PM
a poacher will still poach , to many people foreign and domestic think they are above the law . :behead: we are the ones who need to try to shame, explain , reason with theise people and drop a dime if we can't , if only most of these people would realize that 20 years ago there were almost no stripers mabey they would see things different .

BigFish
10-13-2005, 07:47 PM
No habla' espanol'......speakinze englase? :huh:

basswipe
10-13-2005, 08:38 PM
I am sick of seeing everything in multiple languages...sometimes I feel more like I am in Mexico, Spain or France than I do in the old USA...let these people learn the language and how to read dammit!!!! :af:

Ideally speaking that would be the way to go but we both know that's not how it is.

Today's kids take spanish in school as a matter of course.To them taking spanish is just a class they take like any other.

Groups like the Heritage Foundation are fighting an uphill battle trying to get English adopted as our national language.Adopting a single national language would go a long way to bringing people and ideas together.

zacs
10-13-2005, 09:26 PM

America is a melting pot. Diversity is what made and still makes this country great. We should put the signs in whatever language they speak. It may help them understand the laws better.