View Full Version : Beach wedding

hunan
10-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Hey guys and gals this is the soon to be (I hope) Mrs. Hunan. I know, I know, why on earth would I want to do something like that for. sometimes I ask myself the same question. ha ha. Seriously, we are trying to plan a beach wedding for possibly next September and are having a bit of difficulty. I've been asking him for a few months now to ask you guys and gals on the site for some help but he has yet to do so. Do you think he is putting it off for a reason? :devil2: He says he's been too busy fishing but he's on this site nightly. Anyway, we are looking to get married on a beach anywhere between P-town and Watch Hill with a clamboil and bar-b-que reception to follow, on the beach as well. Have any of you been to such an event or know of any place that allows this? We are thinking maybe even renting a house on the beach for the week which will allow us more time to prepare, and him to fish! There will probably be around 125 guests so parking space will be a factor. Thank you for your time and tight lines. P.s., whomever finds us our place will be saved the biggest lobster!

Clammer
10-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Ok Where is her Photo ////////////////??????????????/ :confused:

hunan
10-16-2005, 07:16 PM
2 things my friend. first off , how did i know you would post that? secondly, if you find us a place clammer, i'll let you take all the pictures you want! :eyes: i might have a score on some matchbox too, mike, i'll keep you posted. if you want a picture now you can go to budd's bait near the r.r. bridge, she's the one on my left holding a bigger bass! doh! actually budd's is no longer there, so you'll just have to wait.

afterhours
10-16-2005, 07:42 PM
good move guys- getting married on the water. i've done it twice.

Clammer
10-16-2005, 07:49 PM
Hunan --read ya first sentence .. sounds like there was a photo //Sorry

But Ya I would have asked for one anyway //

But seriously I may be able to Help you / I use to shoot weddings /til the people became too much a pain in the ass [[Right CrAFTY]] but you made the Big Money ...
so I,ll tell ya of a couple places that were used /done & one very similiar to what ya looking for .................. :love:

hunan
10-16-2005, 07:57 PM
i'm waiting........... hey don, third time's a charm?

Backbeach Jake
10-16-2005, 08:19 PM
We did that 31 years ago last July. Why not do the vows at sunrise at a Public Beach and then party ALL day?

hunan
10-16-2005, 08:35 PM
there are parties all summer long at my house so we want to go somewhere else. picture this. we rent a house on the beach for the week. set-up a big tent and get ready during the day and fish and bonfires at night. saturday morning comes, get married on the beach, go back to the house and eat seafood and ribs all day. our guests can stay and have a day at the beach, swimming, tanning, volleyball, horseshoes, etc. maybe we're asking too much but what a day it would be, don't you think? there is a lot of seashore so somewhere, somebody must have done it before. if it were near a public beach, we could take care of all the parking. we'd rather not spend the 6 grand to rent a place for a day that does beach weddings and another 250 a plate. we want a j.p. and a place on the water to have a big ol' party.

Squid kids Dad
10-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Sounds Awesome..Enjoy

spence
10-16-2005, 10:05 PM
This is a shameless solicitation, but if you need a hip non-dominational minister for a RI wedding...my wife does them on the side :heybaby:

-spence

Clammer
10-16-2005, 10:29 PM
there are houses for rent
waterfront between Charles town beach & the breachway & also Colt state park // you won,t want to swim there but I have done a few weddings & its nice also you can reserve spots from the parks Dept // for grills / volleyball, etc / & depending on the time of year or the water quality// the fishing is good & the shellfishing isn,t bad //

you could have the service at Beavertail Light & then the One mile back down the road is a nice short water , clean beach ///

there was a wedding ay Colt park this afternoon // the brides vail looked like a cross between a Kite & wings / & the revernand SP had one heck of a time with this vesture :love:

Raven
10-17-2005, 06:13 AM
it's a good idea for the groom to not eat too heavily on his wedding day.

all that preperation .... the whole (trying to have everything perfect)

job of a big gathering\wedding is physically and mentally taxing...

and you have to be a sort of an ITALIAN stallion (so to speak) that evening

in particular.... or forever pay for it.... just a suggestion .

hunan
10-17-2005, 07:57 AM
:scatter: :scatter: are you kidding raven, that is what winter is for. i'll be fishing!

zacs
10-17-2005, 09:30 AM
I have been to weddings in Narraganasett, RI on the town beach, then reception at cannochet(sp?) or dunes club (i think you have to be a memeber there, though)but great location for both wedding and reception, or get married on the beach and have the reception in the towers (which is an awesome location). I don't know of any beach in RI where you can Legally have a fire, so you may be limited in the clambake idea. I have also been to a weding at hazard rock, although only a few people... I went to a wedding down at brenton point on the rocks as well. [small] Reception was at Inn at Castle Hill, but I bet you could have a clambake in the park there accross the street too, although you would have to check with the park rangers or whoever is incharge of that place. it is an absolutely gorgeous location. may be your best bet more I think about it.

_Z_

Raven
10-17-2005, 10:06 AM
tells me that....your looking at it from ->only your

.................................................. ..................perspective.

|thought| :
ok man....

me :huh: i never kid :)

MORE POWER TO YA!! :cheers:

but what do i know...

hunan
10-17-2005, 10:58 AM
zacs, i'll check it out. raven, i figure when i get married i will be forever paying anyway so if i'm at the beach i might as well fish. erin is unbelievably cool so she'll probably put on her waders and out-fish me that night too.

Clammer
10-17-2005, 11:02 AM
ya don,t need [rubbers[] that night :devil:

zacs
10-17-2005, 11:20 AM
just to clarify, as my post is kind of all over the place, have the wedding at brenton point on the rocks, and then have the reception at Benton Point State Park, which is where everyone would park for the wedding anyway.
http://www.riparks.com/brenton.htm

_Z_

piemma
10-17-2005, 11:31 AM
I was fishing the mouth of Narrow River one morning many years ago and as I came off the bar there were a bunch of people dressed as American Indians performing a wedding ceremony. Very Cool!!!!

Rappin Mikey
10-17-2005, 12:04 PM
Just went to wedding on Nauset beach two weekends ago. It was pretty cool. They had bag pipe players. The only thing about a beach wedding is you have to make sure that who ever is doing the ceremony has a nice loud voice. I had a hard time hearing what was going on over the waves/wind.

justplugit
10-17-2005, 12:25 PM
I've seen weddings out on the vineyard at the Edartown light. Bring your pole as if your lucky there may be some Albies crashing the inlet right before ya say i do.:D

jeffsod
10-17-2005, 12:29 PM
My wife and I got married at Marconi Beach at the historic Marconi Wireless site there is an octagonal wooden platform high on the dune where you can see both Cape Cod Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. We limited the number of guests we invited to the actual ceremony. We had to get a permit from the National Seashore which was like 25 or maybe $50.00. This basically ensures no one else will be doing the same at the location of your choice. It was easy to obtain. There was a bus tour there just before the ceremony was to start but the photographer spoke to the bus driver and they made sure they were gone when the limo pulled up. All in all it was very cool. We had the reception at another location.

Frank Lab
10-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Give Dave a call 401-596-2610
Check out the website www.paddysbeach.com.

159 Atlantic Drive
Westerly RI 02891

Gloucester2
10-17-2005, 01:24 PM
good move guys- getting married on the water. i've done it twice.

Quote of the week :D

hunan
10-17-2005, 02:02 PM
thanks for all the replies, now that's what i'm talking about. keep it up. promised erin i wouldn't wet a line 'til i said "i do". after that, game on! hey clammer, 10-4 on that last suggestion. it will be about time for a little hunan to join the s-b ranks. :btu: i'm getting old you know.

MakoMike
10-17-2005, 02:37 PM
You could have the Andrea hotel in westeerly do the catering and have the party on the beach in front of the hotel.

hunan
10-17-2005, 03:08 PM
you guys are the best. did i mention the tentative date is sept.16th, 2006? there should be some bass around still, huh? :devil: poor me, i know! :rotf3:

MakoMike
10-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Should we all save the date on our calendars? after all we are all invited aren't we? :btu:

hunan
10-17-2005, 05:09 PM
come on down, can't tell you where it is though because i don't want to burn someone's spot. :jester:

vineyardblues
10-17-2005, 05:18 PM
do the vineyard. all the abouve is do-able
VB

hunan
10-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Hello it's Erin, thank you guys for all the suggestions. Looks like I have some research to get to. Keep up the good work. :btu: I almost forgot... don't worry he'll get his cake and fishing too! Thanks again

JohnR
10-17-2005, 07:52 PM
First off, couple things to keep in mind - I was at F.P.R a few weeks back and there was a beach wedding going on up near the main parking lot off E.B. About 100+, many people parking in the lot. The biggest problem I noticed were older folks walking in the sofffffftttttt sand. I offered one lady in her mid 70's a lift to the parking lot proper so she would not need to walk - something to keep in mind if you have older or mobilitiy limited people. Brenton Point could be a good alternative, or Beaver Tail or the previously mentioned westerly - just make sure you have mobility covered...

Getting married at the beach is cool (and tough when you see fish busting) - I know, I did it too...

My wife and I got married at Marconi Beach at the historic Marconi Wireless site there is an octagonal wooden platform high on the dune where you can see both Cape Cod Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. We limited the number of guests we invited to the actual ceremony. We had to get a permit from the National Seashore which was like 25 or maybe $50.00. This basically ensures no one else will be doing the same at the location of your choice. It was easy to obtain. There was a bus tour there just before the ceremony was to start but the photographer spoke to the bus driver and they made sure they were gone when the limo pulled up. All in all it was very cool. We had the reception at another location.

Jeff - my wife and I got married at the EXACT platform at Marconi too - June 3, 1999. Yes, great location, but fish can and do bust out there :hihi:

seabass
10-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Hunan, I've seen many weddings at Onset town beach, very beautiful. Congradulations and many special years and wonderful fishing stories!

hunan
10-17-2005, 09:14 PM
thanks seabass, and to all of you guys. i'm sure we'll find a place within the above mentioned locations. if not, there's always the year after. don't let her know i wrote that, o.k. :eek:

jeffsod
10-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Jeff - my wife and I got married at the EXACT platform at Marconi too - June 3, 1999. Yes, great location, but fish can and do bust out there

Great minds think alike :btu:

We tossed around a few different ideas for beach locations and the Marconi site was my first choice on the list (second to Hawaii but eloping wasn't an option). I would say that having the board walk up to the platform made it easier too. The photos taken near the cliff after the ceremony are awesome. I could not have been happier with the location and how everything worked out.

We weren't far behind you in timing either. I wanted to do 9/9/99 but it was a Thursday. I figured I could never forget my anniversary that way.

The other thing you need to think about is Music. No outlets on the beach. We hired a guy from Brewster who played a number of instruments and he was good. The wind can be a factor so be prepared to have whoever is doing the ceremony stand up wind of everyone so the people in the back can hear. Prevailing summer winds are southwest but I would be prepared to switch the angle based on the weather forecast and if it's like this past weekend get a bull horn :eek:

Clammer
10-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Hunan //
I promise ====== I won,t tell her when I see her Friday nite :bounce: :bounce:

hunan
10-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Too late Clammer, he's already caught. Maybe you can give him a warning before I get home from work.

Clammer
10-18-2005, 09:32 AM
:uhoh: ARHHHHHHHHHHH S hit

hunan
10-18-2005, 11:44 AM
uh oh! alright, which one of you gave her my password? :eek: hey clammer, she told me her girl's night out was this sat. do you have the day wrong or do i get 2 nights off? :btu:

Clammer
10-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Hunan She,s just teelin ya that // it starts already :o

hunan
10-19-2005, 01:24 PM
as long as it's only fish i'm catching then it's all good! :jester: :devil: