View Full Version : Former Yankee's

ProfessorM
10-17-2005, 10:00 AM
I was wondering how the Yankee fans out there feel about seeing the trove of former Yankee pitchers making it big in the post season for the 2 top teams, Astro's and Chi sox's. All pitchers they could have kept, with their unlimited budget, but chose to let go. I am not gloating because the Sox's have done it too many times also. Just more of a knock on their talent judging. Paul

hunan
10-17-2005, 10:51 AM
one word, clemens. wasn't he all done with the red sox, what 10 years ago? the guy is still nasty. it happens to every team, the yanks pitching isn't what killed them i think it was their offense. didn't the sox have bagwell too?

ProfessorM
10-17-2005, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=hunan]one word, clemens.
I knew that was coming. I never like Dan D. and he was the one who said that and Clemens so called retired so that was not their fault. Yes Bagwell was once a sox. P.

hunan
10-17-2005, 05:14 PM
it does kind of suck with clemens, pettite, contreras and el duque still going.

i'll be rooting for the astros, they've never won one and biggio and bagwell are about done playing.

Mike P
10-17-2005, 07:37 PM
I can't stand La Russa so I'm pulling for the 'Stros, too.

ProfessorM
10-18-2005, 11:29 AM
I will be pulling for the Chi sox's but Astro's would be nice too. After last nite though the wind may be out of their sails, one out to get to the big dance and Lidge throws a meatball. We will see if they can bounce back after such trauma. P.

hunan
10-18-2005, 11:39 AM
if it weren't for that wall in deep left, i think that ball would be still going. wow!!