View Full Version : Buckshot

ProfessorM
10-19-2005, 02:54 PM
In case anyone is interested here are the sizes in .000 of the various buckshot sizes.
000 - .350
00 - .330
0 - .320
#4 - .240
There are more sizes but these are the ones I use for belly weights. P.

Backbeach Jake
10-19-2005, 04:07 PM
How do you buy it in Mass without an FID?

Diggin Jiggin
10-20-2005, 06:43 AM
BB Jake thats a really good question.

Funny that you can by split shot in bulk without one but not buckshot.

I don't hunt anymore but I used to have an FID card, but I was told that they re-did them all after 9/11. I went to the police dept to check into getting a new one and its over 100$ to get it and since I don't hunt anymore I couldnt really see spending that kind of money..

mikecc
10-20-2005, 07:08 AM
you dont get it thru MA.
Get it mail order and no problems.
I get ammo shipped thru Fed EX and UPS with no FID required.

Moses
10-20-2005, 10:03 AM
you dont get it thru MA.
Get it mail order and no problems.
I get ammo shipped thru Fed EX and UPS with no FID required.

Any specific website Mike?

ProfessorM
10-20-2005, 10:06 AM
I bought no questions asked from a dealer in South Dakota. Never asked me for an FID card, which I don't have. Never understood the need for an FID card to buy non explosive lead balls? Why don't you need an FID card to buy ball bearings? Anyway that is for another day. I would have posted but did not want to take any buisness away from Mike for belly weights. Since he said what he does here is the site I delt with http://www.precisionreloading.com/. Go to On line catalog, reloading components, shot, Hornady Magnum Lead Buckshot. They come in 5 lb bags, which is a lot of shot. The smaller the shot the more you get, sold by weight, so the #4 is probably enough for a life time. Good luck. Paul