View Full Version : plug separation anxiety

stripercrazy
10-21-2005, 08:54 PM
I can't leave the house with out at least 50. plus my lurebag's stuffed. there everywhere, on the dash, glovebox, under the seats. I'm sure I'm closer to 100 and I still feel like I'm missing something. :doh:

Slingah
10-21-2005, 09:38 PM
u might need some meds to get past that :hihi:
I used to take almost evrything I owned(didnt have much anyway)
now just a few at a time
I got all my fish this year on basically two plugs

yellow /red 1.5oz BigFish pencil popper
black mambo minnow

kippy
10-21-2005, 09:54 PM
u might need some meds to get past that :hihi:
I used to take almost evrything I owned(didnt have much anyway)
now just a few at a time
I got all my fish this year on basically two plugs

yellow /red 1.5oz BigFish pencil popper
black mambo minnow

Black mambo minnow is my go to plug! :bl: I load all my plugs into the car but only fish with a few.

Slipknot
10-22-2005, 07:51 AM
I can relate fishfearme

afterhours
10-22-2005, 07:57 AM
i carry way too many- i'm working on thinning out the load, last few times out i've caught well on one plug. me guess full bags are kinda like a security blanket? dunno..... btw slip- you done thanking jerry?

Backbeach Jake
10-22-2005, 08:05 AM
3 bags, converted milk crate, glove box, hanging here and there, dash cubbys. And I'm still nowhere near as packed as BM! :ss:

Pete F.
10-22-2005, 08:26 AM
I'm trying to wean myself, from three milk crates and three plug bags and three plano boxes of tins and minnows to just three plug bags, two rods, light, waders, slicker and GO... :boots:

fcap60
10-22-2005, 08:32 AM
I stuffed surf bag, a few in the backpack, plus bucktails.
On top of that, I often bring eels and my plugs never see the water.

In the end, my 50 or so plugs that I carry get a lot of excercise - I think they like to go for the walk ! You know, they like to look cool and hang out with the other fishermans plugs.

tattoobob
10-22-2005, 08:41 AM
I have about the same travel with about 75 but only seem to use one or two when I get to my spot (sorry I said spot) Last night it was the rigged sluggo that did all the damage

pops
10-22-2005, 08:57 AM
14 in the bag/ 5 in the belt bag/ .....sometimes an 18 tube smimano comes along to "test" swim everything at least once. Deciding which go in the bag at different times of day/night can take a while ...LOL
...black swimmer ? yellow swimmer? darters ...how many? small stuff...
eel, habs ,jointed old masterlure, mac pikies ...?
Ive got a variety thats grown from humble beginings to hmmmmm I'll need another storage box :spin: :eyes:
:bgi: they all want to go with me !

Cranium
10-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Good timely topic, I have plugs everywhere in my durango. I stopped to get an oil change yesterday and the "technician" came in the waiting room with a yozuri crystal minnow he found in my engine bay and asked if I was looking for this. I had left it on my hood when I was down at Duxbury beach earlier in the week and forgot to pick it up. oops. LOL. Fishing plugs, cant leave home without it

riverrat2
10-22-2005, 10:48 AM
I only need one plug, 7" black bomber. But I have about 100 more that never get fished, you know just in case.

TheRattBoy
10-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah Ed , and i'vee seen how many rods you take!! :uhoh: ... :rotf2:

MAC
10-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Oh can I relate. I have been trying to scale back this year too. This is my day bag (front one) and my night bag. Now that I look at it I am not doing very well at the scaling back. :o

pops
10-22-2005, 01:11 PM
LOL thats a busy bag ! .....I need more tubes :jump1:

justplugit
10-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Only way i can describe the # plugs i carry is "ridiculus".:doh:
if i could only wean myself off to 1ea, wood,rubba,plastic.metal. Never happen:doh:

Bob Thomas
10-22-2005, 02:05 PM
I've learned from experience...I take EVERYTHING! If I just bring big plugs, they'll be hitting the smaller ones and vise versa. Now the truck gets packed with plugs and the essentials, clothes, tent, underwear, is only packed if it will fit with the plugs! :wall: :wall:

cuttyhunter
10-22-2005, 05:40 PM
I have struggled with this for years especially because I like to have several techniques available based on the conditions, bait, surf, structure, and time of day. Therefore, I'm always trying to figure what the bare minimum is for casting plugs, flies, or bait. I've learned that the kiss of death is packing and repacking. You always leave something necessary in the car or on the workbench. I like the idea of a day bag and a night bag.

I look at myself sometimes and am reminded of the scene from Platoon where the multi-tour soldier is telling the new soldiers to "sh!t can" this and that from their packs. Having grown up surf fishing Cuttyhunk, I've always been keen on traveling light but I think I dislike not have something that I need more than carrying the extra weight...

Vogt
10-22-2005, 05:41 PM
All i need is a medium plug bag. rod, waders , staff, ect. I try to pack light

gone fishin
10-22-2005, 07:04 PM
:jump: MAC - ya stole my bags. I cannot believe that someone else is as bad as me. One differance, I have a canal bag that weighs a ton. When I strap it on the back of the bike and lean to one side I feel like somenoe is yelling TIMBER!

Speaking of the ditch - did you get in on the fun the week before this ?? :btu:

MAC
10-22-2005, 09:07 PM
:jump: MAC - ya stole my bags. I cannot believe that someone else is as bad as me. One differance, I have a canal bag that weighs a ton. When I strap it on the back of the bike and lean to one side I feel like somenoe is yelling TIMBER!

Speaking of the ditch - did you get in on the fun the week before this ?? :btu:

I have a different bag for jigging. Weighs about 10#s. Usually only weighs about 8#s after I head home though.:D

I missed the fun on Wednesday. Didn't get down there until thursday. Seems to be my thing lately this year. "you should have been here yesterday" :o

NIB
10-22-2005, 10:39 PM
I am also guilty.My canal bag wieghs at least 30#.
I also have day an night bags.no coastals though.man i wanted that bag.2 beans was to much though.I jam it full an when i'm done they never fit in i got em layin on top.

The Dad Fisherman
10-22-2005, 11:13 PM
I can't leave the house with out at least 50. plus my lurebag's stuffed. there everywhere, on the dash, glovebox, under the seats. I'm sure I'm closer to 100 and I still feel like I'm missing something. :doh:

The BEST way to cure yourself of an Anxiety Disorder is to just go Cold Turkey.....If you want I would be more than willing to help you through this difficult period of your life.

I'll take a ride down and go through your house and remove ALL of your plugs and keep them out of sight while you work your way through this. I'll make sure i get the ones you have hidden in the Toilet Tank, the Light Fixtures, and even the Car Ash Tray.

I'm sure after we accomplish this you will be well on the way down the Road to recovery. Let me know when you are ready to Start your "Treatment". The sooner the better as the Fall Run, er, I mean, Time is of the utmost importance.

I'll be waiting for your PM...:D

RIROCKHOUND
10-24-2005, 08:38 AM
Started carrying a three tube belt bag lately; this time of year I'm moving and fishing alot, so I hit a spot for a bit then move; I can change out plugs from my main bag between spots...
Right now it was loaded for gansett;
2 needles, 1 danny, 1 redfin (loaded)
spare leaders in the front pocket....

stripercrazy
10-24-2005, 08:43 PM
if I had 200 plugs I still couldn't catch a fish. thank god for mac chunks. it was great meeting some of ya at the cookout. ed